View Poll Results: Do you sync with Itunes?

Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use iTunes to sync my Pre

107 33.86%
  • No, I do not use iTunes to sync my Pre

209 66.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Everyone keeps saying there is an alternative, but what is it? I'm on a Mac and iTunes is the only thing I've found. MediaMonkey is windows only, songbird doesn't have any working integration that I can find, and I can't install DoubleTwist because I don't want to become DVD Jon's towel boy (Have you looked at that EULA? WOW!).

iTunes isn't great, but it does the job. It also make a lot of sense to support it since it is what everyone uses, and it gives them one less reason to resist switching to the Pre.
    I'm with you Sam
    how are yall fitting your WHOLE library onto 8 gigs? I got over 200gigs of stuff so i only drag over the folders of music i listen to most. I never sync
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    how are yall fitting your WHOLE library onto 8 gigs? I got over 200gigs of stuff so i only drag over the folders of music i listen to most. I never sync
    iTunes gives fine tuned control over which playlists you want to sync. iTunes 9 increases this ability and even adds rule groups to smart playlists which is a godsend.
    Oh Digital Copy of Wolverine Orgins...why did you make me update iTunes. Oh well, all my favorite music is on my Pre...heres hoping Palm next update resyncs iTunes back.
    I use Itunes, but I've had an Ipod of some sort since 2nd gen. I will, however exclusively be ordering from Amazon MP3 from now on. It's much better for me.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Don't even have itunes installed.

Currently using the Ampache Mobile app to stream my entire library from home.
    I do, through an older version of iTunes on my laptop. But as long as there is a way to get my music on my Pre, I don't care if the sync gets broken.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    This question was not posted in the forum (I searched the forum before posting this poll)

So, go ahead, answer the poll.
    We will know soon, how important this "iTunes" thing is to us.
    No.

I do not use iAnything
    no poll. I just had to stop last week when I got my wife an Ipod.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Nope and never will even if it eventually works without constantly updating. I never liked iTunes and never will.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    No.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    No.

I do not use iAnything
    :-)
    not Even EYE-PAD
    Well, I do have an eye-patch... ARRRR!
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I feel that the forum members are not "mainstream" users.

So the poll numbers might not represent "mainstream" choice for syncing music.

I should have asked how many folks on the forum own an iPod and a Pre. That would give the numbers of folks who use the iTunes.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Not anymore. My content is mostly audiobooks and podcasts so I rely heavily on iTunes. And ever since they broke iTunes integration then I went back to my iPhone fulltime for media.

For me then it stinks, but it's not a big deal because the media player was a bit crappy anyway.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    iTunes gives fine tuned control over which playlists you want to sync. iTunes 9 increases this ability and even adds rule groups to smart playlists which is a godsend.
    After 8.2.1 itunes stopped synching my album art. Does anyone else have this problem? I've completely removed the music and resynced and osdoctore dmy phone (for another reason) and still no album art.
    I used to, but now I switched to a ZuneHD so I uninstalled that POS Itunes software.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    I used to, but now I switched to a ZuneHD so I uninstalled that POS Itunes software.
    How do you like it?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast