View Poll Results: Do you sync with Itunes?

Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use iTunes to sync my Pre

107 33.86%
  • No, I do not use iTunes to sync my Pre

209 66.14%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    lolz. now the answer to this poll, for everyone, is NO.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    MediaMonkey does everything music-related that iTunes does, and then some, and does it better.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar717 View Post
    Does anyone use any of the simpler media players, like Foobar? I do because I have a gigantic FLAC library and I haven't found anything better (though I'm all ears) for handling hundreds of albums of lossless files; just wondering if anyone is in the same boat.
    JRiver Media Center is great, it's awesome for media mgmt and high quality playback, centralized management accross multiple systems (Server/Sharing/ File Sync, etc), discrete playback in multiple zones and other advnaced feature, function, etc. I believe the Music only flavor of JRiver is free now, while full Media Center (TV, Pics, Movies, 10 foot dashboard, etc.) is payware. But it's been a favorite of mine for many years now. I use if for music only, but I happily pay for the full product due to quality and service.

But, one likely problem with this community is it's Windows only. It's actually one of the few items left keeping me on Windows.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I used itunes with my Pre daily until drPodder...now only sync every other week or so just for small changes.
    I have a Zune for my mp3 player. I have never purchased a song from iTunes, have never owned an ipod, don't have iTunes installed on my desktop, and quit frankly couldn't care less for iTunes....

Now ability to sync with Zune marketplace....that is another story...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperpre View Post
    lolz. now the answer to this poll, for everyone, is NO.
    Actually, still yes for me because I see no need to upgrade iTunes and break the sync.
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    Yes I use iTunes to sync with my Pre. Its sort of weird, but the last time I updated iTunes, iTunes ****ed up my library (I am OCD on how I organize my music, no random album names, etc). So I just stopped updating iTunes.

Then I bought my Pre, and I realised I stopped updating iTunes just before Apple *****ed out and made iTunes stop Pre syncing. I lucked out I guess.

The music player leaves a lot to be desired on the Pre, but I dont mind it too much. Gets me through the day.
  8.    #28  
    damn pretty even 2-1 split, interesting...
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    MediaMonkey FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugefunk84 View Post
    damn pretty even 2-1 split, interesting...
    Only thing interesting about it is that its misleading. You can bet the majority of Pre owners use Itunes. People are clicking no because Apple just raised the axe again.

Of course, if palm had their own version, they'd use that instead. Palm hasn't realized they're sending their army of users off to Apple and Palm doesn't make a cent off of it.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i used to sync w/ itunes but given Apple's games of late, and general snootiness and "with us or against us" attitude, i'm going to find another solution.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I do not use Itunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Only thing interesting about it is that its misleading. You can bet the majority of Pre owners use Itunes. People are clicking no because Apple just raised the axe again.

Of course, if palm had their own version, they'd use that instead. Palm hasn't realized they're sending their army of users off to Apple and Palm doesn't make a cent off of it.
    I'm guessing that you're assuming the majority of Pre users use Itunes because you use it. We can't argue whether the poll is misleading or not, but your assumption do contradict the poll results.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I don't want to keep everything on my phone, so I just copy selected stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I'm guessing that you're assuming the majority of Pre users use Itunes because you use it. We can't argue whether the poll is misleading or not, but your assumption do contradict the poll results.
    Whatever...lol

But i'm right.
  16.    #36  
    I made this poll so we could get an accurate read of how many Pre users actually use iTunes to sync. Why would you go ahead and just assume that people are polling "No" out of bitterness? This poll is probably pretty accurate.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    itunes = garbage.

i appreciate that palm lets me manage my device directly as a USB drive. **** itunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugefunk84 View Post
    I made this poll so we could get an accurate read of how many Pre users actually use iTunes to sync. Why would you go ahead and just assume that people are polling "No" out of bitterness? This poll is probably pretty accurate.
    If you really think that, then more power to you.

I'm not bashing anyone or glorifying itunes here. It's simply what Palm encourages people to do and they made it easy. Plug it in, press media sync. People on this forum are a very small fraction of Pre users. We tend to be more techie. Combine that with the fact Apple smacked down the syncing again, and i'm not surprised to see a lot of "no's"

But let's pretend your poll is anywhere near accurate overall for users, then one should wonder why Palm is going to that much trouble with itunes.

Palm has endorsed itunes as its default preferred method of managing music on its Pre.
    Last edited by cardfan; 09/10/2009 at 10:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    mp3raid.com is awesome!!!
    I think it is great that the Pre can sync with itunes because I have a huge itunes library and now all I need is one device, my phone.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast