Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tlaz View Post
    It's sad, but I think you're right. Egos are big in this realm, and I think Rubenstein is really enjoying tweaking Apple and Jobs. It's a very lame reason to delay 1.2 IMO. And iTunes 9 appears much more complex w/added features/sharing etc. Hope Palm doesn't delay 4ever just to make this work. Why not send out 1.2 now and then send 1.21 when they get sync working again?
    Because that looks like Palm responded to Apple. When the fix happens to come with the 1.2 everyone expected, it is another: "Oh, and that iTunes thing, yeah we fixed it AGAIN."
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    How is it possible that I can be both frustrated and thrilled at the same time? I don't use dieTunes, so knowing this is delaying the 1.2 update sucks. But at the same time, I would almost have been disappointed if Apple DIDN'T break Pre syncing.

t
    ugh, i hate itunes. its so bloated and resource hoggy. literally dozens of better media programs up there.
    ^coz we love catfights!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    haha, palm delayed the update to get there hands on itunes 9?. :P When will this stop...
    Can someone explain to me the point up upgrading itunes?
    What is the difference between say itunes 8 and itunes 9?
    it would be so funny seeing all the palm people rushing and trying to get an fix asap. Bet their offices is really busy
    I know...it think its a little juvenile to be holding off updates to users all because of Itunes....I think an interesting poll would be..."Who syncs the pre with Itunes anyway??"
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoe View Post
    haha, palm delayed the update to get there hands on itunes 9?. :P When will this stop...
    When Apple gives up
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoe View Post
    When one of them is no more.

Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    When Apple gives up
    Or Palm... I'm just sayen.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    I know...it think its a little juvenile to be holding off updates to users all because of Itunes....I think an interesting poll would be..."Who syncs the pre with Itunes anyway??"
    i second that
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Here we go again
    This whole back & forth ping pong match between Apple & Palm is silly! Like a pissing contest between two boys. Really don't see the big deal with the sync is.
    I have never synced my Palm through itunes. I just click and drag the playlist/songs over to Palm and it works just fine that way. Either way, I don't want my precious memory on my computer or on my Pre to go to waste on such frivolous fixes...
    It would be quite amusing if Palm fixes the iTunes sync problem the day Apple releases iTunes 9
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugefunk84 View Post
    i second that
    Just made a syncing poll on the main page

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...nc-itunes.html
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I don't use itunes, but I want to see palm break it again just to **** off apple. It took palm a few days to figure out awork around last time. Took apple a month to fix it again. I used to worship apple... Well, not that strongly, but now I have an extreme dislike in them.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I'm, sorry this is becoming subpar. who argues over this..all this time if Palm wants us "sync" why not create there own software..draging and dropping is fine with me I dont use my phone as my main .mp3 play anyways, just like I dont use my Pre to complete homework instead of my computer....Phone companies need to quit competing with "apple/iphone" and trying to MATCH them instead they need to SURPASS them become innovative stop giving so much credit to this iphone its getting old not everyone likes it or wants it or they would have it .
    Quote Originally Posted by tlaz View Post
    It's sad, but I think you're right. Egos are big in this realm, and I think Rubenstein is really enjoying tweaking Apple and Jobs.

Anyone remember Celebrity Grudge Death Match? My money would be on Rubenstein!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    I'm, sorry this is becoming subpar. who argues over this..all this time if Palm wants us "sync" why not create there own software..draging and dropping is fine with me I dont use my phone as my main .mp3 play anyways, just like I dont use my Pre to complete homework instead of my computer....Phone companies need to quit competing with "apple/iphone" and trying to MATCH them instead they need to SURPASS them become innovative stop giving so much credit to this iphone its getting old not everyone likes it or wants it or they would have it .
    You sir are not part of the new smartphone buyer market that Apple captured, and Palm is trying to get in on with the Pre. And by "new" I don't mean "new" buyer, but I mean new to smart phones.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast