Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In the following artilce 10 things I think I think about Palm's Pixi webOS smartphone | The Toybox | ZDNet.com he states:

The Pixi will come loaded with a native Facebook app and Synergy integration with LinkedIn and Yahoo.
    Since the Pixi is WebOS as is the Pre, I'm assuming we're just a few months away from having this on the Pre as well.
    Not yet.
    Yes, facebook "should" be for all webos playforms. However, I will state that after watching the video of the new palm device. The spokeman stated that the software would be available for the palm Pixi but left out the palm pre. Yes, i know that they both run on webos but why not mention that it will be available for webos when Palm Pixi launches...just a thought
    the Pixi is ugly in the first place im glad i have my pre
    I hear that.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    word
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom717 View Post
    the Pixi is ugly in the first place im glad i have my pre
    So why are you in this forum then????...adding my 2 cents to yours.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    in the articlke linked to in this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...bout-pixi.html

PCMag interviewed the pixi's product manager

7.) Will the Facebook app or Yahoo integration be available for the Pre?

"We're not announcing that right now ... but it is something we could deploy."
    ugly? i think this looks about as good or better than the pre when the pre has its keyboard open! i agree that its wifi does suck, but i think they should also try and market this phone to the business users to get market share from blackberry. i think they will win over the teens with blackberrys, though, because of the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    It will be, I'm sure. They have no reason to limit it to just the lower end phone.
    sorry to be random but do u play COD 4 taalibeen? lls I thought I saw the same name online. lmao
    Last edited by kilkennym27; 10/06/2009 at 12:04 AM. Reason: didnt refer to taalibeen
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    I can only pray the the facebook app is better than the one they offered on Blackberry....just lame
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Facebook app appear on my phone when the software update shows up at Pixi's launch. Or, someone in homebrew could probably extract the app from the Pixi to be installed on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hopefully we will see the native app on the 15th!
    WebOS 1.3.1 better include it.

For both devices.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I'm looking forward to the app, but just saw this link and it shows facebook.jar being 5KB, kinda disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Or, someone in homebrew could probably extract the app from the Pixi to be installed on the Pre.
    Anyone can do that, just copy the app to the media partition and tar it up.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wkalam2 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the app, but just saw this link and it shows facebook.jar being 5KB, kinda disappointing.
    kinda small considering the facebook app for the iPhone is 1.3MB, the one for the blackberry is around the same as the iPhone.
    The Facebook app is likely just like the site only it stores a few things locally on your phone. The 5kb is likely the base program, which will baloon to whatever content is stored on your phone.

Point is, do not expect an Iphone like Facebook experience on WebOs..... yet.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/10/2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: added the word Facebook to Iphone like experience.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Point is, do not expect an Iphone like experience on WebOs..... yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast