1.    #1  
    My screen cracked and i am sending the device back to Palm for a for a free replacement instead of going thru the insurance claim. However this will leave me without my phone for a couple of days. I am trying to figure out how to sync any new contacts i have made since June back to the desktop client and to my old 755p. I don't have pocketmirror or anything like that and i wouldnt be able to download any new programs to the phone as the touchscreen is largely unresponsive. Any suggestions on how to get this done?
    You shouldn't have to worry about it. When you get your new pre and log into your Palm Profile then all your contacts will be back on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrotheratlas View Post
    My screen cracked and i am sending the device back to Palm for a for a free replacement instead of going thru the insurance claim. However this will leave me without my phone for a couple of days. I am trying to figure out how to sync any new contacts i have made since June back to the desktop client and to my old 755p. I don't have pocketmirror or anything like that and i wouldnt be able to download any new programs to the phone as the touchscreen is largely unresponsive. Any suggestions on how to get this done?
    The previous poster is right that your Palm profile will allow you to backup all your contacts to your new Pre. However you can still backup your contacts in the meantime to Outlook or palm desktop by simply exporting your contacts from gmail. Of course this is assuming you set your default sync to gmail on the Pre. IF you did, then all you have to do is export your contacts from gmail and then import them into whatever PIM you want to backup to. Other options include companionlink which will automatically sync your gmail contacts with outlook etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info. I ended up using companion link.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Did you guys find any issues with the phone extension syncing?