Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Keeps the Pre consistent with the behavior of online gmail, moving rather than deleting inbox email and maintaining a permanent, web hosted archive of all mail.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip. Hey, anyone having trouble syncing the sports calendars? I can get the holiday calendar to sync but not the sports ones?
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I can't get the Google sports calendar to sync either.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarso View Post
    Keeps the Pre consistent with the behavior of online gmail, moving rather than deleting inbox email and maintaining a permanent, web hosted archive of all mail.
    lmarso - I may be a little slow here....Sorry. But, can you explain how to do this, and what exactly it does? I didn't understand you initial post.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbcellular View Post
    lmarso - I may be a little slow here....Sorry. But, can you explain how to do this, and what exactly it does? I didn't understand you initial post.
    when you swipe right to delete an email, it actually deletes it from gmail instead of archiving it. By setting the "All Mail" as the trash folder, your deleted items go there and are archived.

It is nice because then you can search for deleted items better, still add tags, and keep your gmail running the way it normally does on the computer.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aenima396 View Post
    when you swipe right to delete an email, it actually deletes it from gmail instead of archiving it. By setting the "All Mail" as the trash folder, your deleted items go there and are archived.

It is nice because then you can search for deleted items better, still add tags, and keep your gmail running the way it normally does on the computer.
    Thank you both! Great tip!
    Quote Originally Posted by aenima396 View Post
    Mine doesn't do that. When I swipe it moves it to the trash folder on gmail, so I still have it. I haven't changed my default folders at all. This is the exact same folder it moves an email to that I delete from the web interface. Of course I let the phone setup gmail automatically. So if you manually put in the settings or are using pop you may be having this problem.