Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    let me just clearly point out this has Nothing to do with the abscene of an official application.

but as far as what/who and how it syncs, it seems pretty basic, and slightly underwhelming. I don't know what i expected, i just expected more.

It isn't a killer feature like i thought it was, in fact i choose not to sync to facebook, it just has too many negatives at this point.

Discuss. no facebook haters please.
    I like it, any time my friends change their number, its automatically sync'd. Couldn't ask for much more, saves me the hassle. When I want to call or txt someone, I just start typing the name, so having all my facebook contacts really isn't an issue for me, I never use the contacts app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I like it, any time my friends change their number, its automatically sync'd. Couldn't ask for much more, saves me the hassle. When I want to call or txt someone, I just start typing the name, so having all my facebook contacts really isn't an issue for me, I never use the contacts app.
    +1
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Some have complained about Synergy syncing every single facebook contact, but this doesn't bother me too much. I like having every name synced to my Pre. I have more than 1,000 contacts... and since I never scroll through the contact list and they don't take up a lot of storage space... it's no big deal.

My only complaint: the phone app always uses the facebook profile picture (if one is available)... not the picture I've selected in Exchange or Google Contacts... even if the contact's Exchange profile is the primary profile in linked contacts.

That's really annoying... especially because a lot of people think it's professional/appropriate/useful/necessary to post a picture of their pets or children as their profile pic.

The other minor problem, and I know it's not Synergy's fault... my friends seem to never update their mobile number in facebook if they get a new number. Then I have two mobile numbers in my contact list and I don't know which is the correct updated number unless I go into their contact entry and hit edit to see which is facebook and which is the one I entered.
    Its a good idea but poorly implemented

I should be able to decide who syncs with Synergy... Maybe a custom group in Facebook that the phone only reads... because it syncs with everyone I ended up removing about 500+ friends because my contacts became a total mess
    If you have 500+ friends on Facebook, you may want to go out and try to meet some non-cyber people.

As for the sync, it works fine. It works as advertised, but for some of you uber popular Facebook dudes/dudettes, it might not be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Same here.

This is what I was expecting from the facebook sync itself. Not to mention my facebook calendar gets synced as well. Now if they get facebook chat into the messaging program then there is one less thing I'd want a full facebook app for.
    I'm fine with it. I just wish you could exclude (remove) facebook profile linking from some contacts.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I wish the birthdays would have synced to the calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I wish the birthdays would have synced to the calendar.
    Yup. Even though I never had a phone that saved birthday's from facebook, it seems rather half baked to not allow the birthday's to sync in the calendar.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I've never really wanted my facebook contacts synced to my phone at all, so I didn't really have any expectations to start off with.
    Maybe he's talking about facebook status syncing over with an option to appear on notification bar, facebook chat integrated with messenging, facebook pics integrated with pics app, etc.

Not a big user myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    If you have 500+ friends on Facebook, you may want to go out and try to meet some non-cyber people.
    Or you went to three colleges, went to two school districts/moved twice and have a big family =)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    Or you went to three colleges, went to two school districts/moved twice and have a big family =)
    I hope you are just having fun with this, as that is all I was doing. Nothing personal. I think PreCentral needs a sarcastic smiley.

Somehow I don't think that cuts it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    My only complaint: the phone app always uses the facebook profile picture (if one is available)... not the picture I've selected in Exchange or Google Contacts... even if the contact's Exchange profile is the primary profile in linked contacts.

That's really annoying... especially because a lot of people think it's professional/appropriate/useful/necessary to post a picture of their pets or children as their profile pic.
    Does it? My phone usually uses the Main profile's picture.

My only complaint is also the lack on not adding birthdays to the calendar.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Actually, I find Facebook sync to be pretty good. The problem is that I don't care because the lack of app makes the Pre a pretty terrible Facebook device (compared to other smartphones).
    I'm very happy with Facebook sync. Universal search makes the avalanche of new contacts a non-issue, and makes it easy to occasionally contact a Facebook friend you don't ordinarily communicate with.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post

Check which profile you have as their default profile. It should be using the picture from their default profile. The phone ended up making most of my friends facebook profile as their default. Luckily for me, most of the friends I got on actually use their pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I hope you are just having fun with this, as that is all I was doing. Nothing personal. I think PreCentral needs a sarcastic smiley.

Somehow I don't think that cuts it.
    Oh no worries... I was just having fun too, albeit factual fun =)
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    let me just clearly point out this has Nothing to do with the abscene of an official application.

but as far as what/who and how it syncs, it seems pretty basic, and slightly underwhelming. I don't know what i expected, i just expected more.

It isn't a killer feature like i thought it was, in fact i choose not to sync to facebook, it just has too many negatives at this point.

Discuss. no facebook haters please.
    So what exactly were you expecting? What exactly are the negatives that are keeping you from syncing to facebook?

I'd like to see birthdays and events come across as well, but otherwise it works pretty much as I expected.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast