Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I noticed the other day that profile pics were not being updated. I forced a sync and still nothing. I ended up deleting my FB account from my phone and re-added it to get the pics to update.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    I noticed the other day that profile pics were not being updated. I forced a sync and still nothing. I ended up deleting my FB account from my phone and re-added it to get the pics to update.
    Mine have updated automatically without me doing anything. Not sure why yours didn't, but I know for sure mine have within a day or two of them being updated on facebook.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    So what exactly were you expecting? What exactly are the negatives that are keeping you from syncing to facebook?

I'd like to see birthdays and events come across as well, but otherwise it works pretty much as I expected.
    the all or nothing sync, buggy updates, low res contact photos etc

like i said i don't know what more i was expecting, but i know it could be more than what it is
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    Mine have updated automatically without me doing anything. Not sure why yours didn't, but I know for sure mine have within a day or two of them being updated on facebook.

I just hit sync and it works now! YAY!
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    I love facebook sync. I am way to lazy too put any contact pictures on my friends contact records. I really like that facebook does it automatically. Its also nice for when a friend changes email address or phone number.

As far as birthdays go, really it is up to facebook to add birthdays to friends Facebook events calendar. If they did it would sync to the Pre because Facebook events sync perfectly.

As far as all or nothing sync goes, please give me an example of any service or OS that allows a partial sync of just some of your contacts. I can't think of any? For me its not an issue because all of my Facebook friends are actually my friends. What a concept.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    The contact photos don't look any more low res than any other contact photos to me. The option to pick categories to sync would be nice. As for birthdays that's up to the Facebook calendar to add. That's the way palm set it up with the google calendar as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Yup. Even though I never had a phone that saved birthday's from facebook, it seems rather half baked to not allow the birthday's to sync in the calendar.
    I got around this by synching birthdays to Google calendar, which is doable on Facebook. Then I just sync GC to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    For me its not an issue because all of my Facebook friends are actually my friends. What a concept.
    Haha me too. Mine are all people that I'd want to have contact info for.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    My only complaint: the phone app always uses the facebook profile picture (if one is available)... not the picture I've selected in Exchange or Google Contacts... even if the contact's Exchange profile is the primary profile in linked contacts.

That's really annoying... especially because a lot of people think it's professional/appropriate/useful/necessary to post a picture of their pets or children as their profile pic.
    Mine does the same thing. Anybody else with this problem find a solution?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12