Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Google has a new feature I noticed today that places sports events (NFL games, NHL games etc.) into your google calendar, which then sync with the Pre. I just put all the Pittsburgh Penguins games in with one click! Cool feature! Go Pens and Go Steelers! Pittsburgh: The City of Champions!
    nice... theres an app for that too
    Is it actually showin up on your palm pre? I've tried to get mine to sync with my phone and it won't work.
    Mine didnt work either. I had to copy all events to my calender one by one. On another note most teams have a down loadable calender (of the current season) in csv format that you can import into your google calender.
    Yeah I'm with the others, I added two sports teams (1 NFL, 1 NHL) to my calendar and those calendars won't sync with my Pre. I even added and removed my account without success.

Are you saying you had luck or did you preemptively post this as the calendars have been available for about a week or so now.
    This has been available for months from 3rd parties but it's nice to see Google have it directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    nice... theres an app for that too
    ya but the app that's available doesn't have eveything that google has
    yeah i used the sports calenders app but looking at google if those work they are better and there's quite a bit more. It's got pretty much every soccer league and competition there is. plus you can import ical calenders into google.
    For those of us who love Sports, I just ran across Google's new sports Calendar. They have alot of sport calendars to subscribe to. They have all NFL and NCAA football schedules which is what I wanted.
    I am still learning Google calendar so not sure if this was the best way to get it on my Pre but I had to subscribe to a particular team then move each game over to my main calendar. I know that the app "sports calendar" also available but I wanted the games on my main calendar.
    Anyways, just wanted to give all the sports nuts out there a heads up.

Go IRISH!!!!
    Deano
    Oh yeah got my favorite college football teams, and NBA teams setup on it. Not to worried about NFL cuz the sprint App handles that really well for me, and not to mention the NFL schedule is a bit easy to figure out.
    Theres a Sports Calendar home brew app, I went ahead and used this so I won't miss any Stars games.
    yeah i can't get any google calenders to sync. That's a big old fail. What's up with that? That's kinda a big bug.
    They didn't sync for me at first, then a couple of days later all the google calendars I added to mine were there.
    i added some the day they were released. then added more today. still nothing. doesn't really help though if you use it for meetings. not that i do but i did. Like i a meeting at 2:00 would get added by someone. So this isn't that useful. regardless you shouldn't have to wait or do any tweaks. it should just update all calenders properly. i hope palm sorts this out it's ridiculous that two months after the release calender sync still isn't working. luckily i didn't notice until now.
    With Gmail's fiasco of going down the other day, I doubt I'd put all the blame on Palm. You are relying on Google to send all the calendar information to your pre btw.
    well for the most part a calender isn't that useful if i can't add a meeting that's going to start in two hours but have to wait two days for it to show up and remind me.

as for these sports i've figures something out. if you left click on the added sports calender you'll see "more details" and "copy to my calender". Apparently these calenders are listed in your calender but you have to individually copy each and every event to your calender for it to show up on your pre. so for every game you have hit "copy to my calender". After doing that the game showed up. This seems stupid as hell since i'm not remotely going to click on a hundred baseball games, 80 soccer games for like 10 teams 6 seperate teams. But also if you click details before and after you'll notice after you add you can edit warnings and stuff. And i couldn't find anywhere to add everything to my calender in one click. So at the moment this isn't imported calenders are basically way too much hassle to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    With Gmail's fiasco of going down the other day, I doubt I'd put all the blame on Palm. You are relying on Google to send all the calendar information to your pre btw.
    this is something that's been going on for a while according to my research on the palm forum. it's not related to google going down. It was an issue before it went down. It seems to be a problem with the way the Pre is seeing imported calenders. To be more specific it's not seeing any imported calenders. The pre is only seeing manually entered calender entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    this is something that's been going on for a while according to my research on the palm forum. it's not related to google going down. It was an issue before it went down. It seems to be a problem with the way the Pre is seeing imported calenders. To be more specific it's not seeing any imported calenders. The pre is only seeing manually entered calender entries.
    Odd, it picks up the US holidays, Italian Holidays, and my birthday calendars from Google, none of which are manually entered calendar entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Odd, it picks up the US holidays, Italian Holidays, and my birthday calendars from Google, none of which are manually entered calendar entries.
    mine too. but try and add a another one of the sports calender and if you look in google you'll see that the entries look different. holidays get added at the top of the calender. I don't know what that means but it seems to be added automatically where as the others are listed by don't show up till you hit copy to my calender. don't know why.
    Holidays are listed as all day events that's why they are at the top. What do you mean by look different though? I see the different color in the google calendar app, but you can customize the colors.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast