Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. JayKC's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am having a strange issue with my Pre/Google Calendar sync. I've noticed recently that recurring events I create on the Google calendar website will show up on my Pre calendar fine, but after a certain amount of time the events disappear from the online Google Calendar.

    So I will go and recreate the event on the Google Calendar, it will show duplicate events on my Pre but again vanish from the online Google calendar.

    The disappearing events seem to stay on the Pre, even after sync, but never again show up on my Google Calendar.

    I have no idea what could be the issue here, I have removed the Google calendar account from the Pre and re-added with no success.

    Any ideas? Thanks!
  2. #2  
    I'd contact Google as it's the first time I've seen anyone post with this problem. I use Google calendar and haven't had any issues.
  3. #3  
    I continue to have similar problems with Google events disappearing.
    I identified the problem by reading somewhere on one of these threads about Google events disappearing if there is any change to the event made on the Pre.

    If I change the time, or add a note on the Pre, my events are removed from the Google calendar.
    I end up having to add the event with new information and then deleting the old event on the Pre.

    Hope this helps...
  4. smkcpa's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    I am having a strange issue with my Pre/Google Calendar sync. I've noticed recently that recurring events I create on the Google calendar website will show up on my Pre calendar fine, but after a certain amount of time the events disappear from the online Google Calendar.

    So I will go and recreate the event on the Google Calendar, it will show duplicate events on my Pre but again vanish from the online Google calendar.

    The disappearing events seem to stay on the Pre, even after sync, but never again show up on my Google Calendar.

    I have no idea what could be the issue here, I have removed the Google calendar account from the Pre and re-added with no success.

    Any ideas? Thanks!
    I am having a similar problem, and I just killed half of a day cleaning up my Google calendar.

    After finally getting my calendar and my Pre back in order, I found this solution posted on the Google support forum dated 8/11/09. I have not yet tried it myself since I now have a clean set of events, but I will if my events get out of sync again.

    The following words are not mine, I am just re-posting them here as a possible solution:

    Palm Pre and Google Calendar Sync - Google Mobile Help

    I found Palm's tech support to be great. Hope this helps someone.
    This solution worked for me. (Make sure you update your phone first).

    Step 1: Do a partial erase of your Palm Pre. After it reboots, put in your regular profile info.

    Step 2: Delete all calendars on your phone. Make sure there are none left.

    Step 3: Delete all shared Calendars
    In your Google Calendar on the computer do the following:
    -Settings
    -Calendars
    -Delete all shared calendars (Make sure you copy down friend's email addresses so you can add these back later)

    Step 4: Export and back up any personal calendars you have
    -Settings
    -Calendars
    - Choose "Export Calendars" and save any personal calendars to your desktop.
    - Signout of Google completely
    -Sync calendars on Palm Pre - make sure that all google calendars are gone

    Step 5: Import a single Google Calendar on your computer
    - Sign in to Google Calendar
    - Choose your primary calendar that you would like to set as the default on your phone.
    - Go to Settings
    -Calendars
    -Import Calendar --- Import the calendar you would like to use as your primary calendar.
    -Sign out of Google Calendar

    Step 6: Create new account on Palm Pre
    - Go to Calendar
    -Preferences and Accounts
    -Add an Account
    -Add the email and password for your primary google calendar
    -Once created, press "sync now"
    -Give the phone 2-3 minutes and it should sync. (it won't always take 2-3 minutes, it just seems to the first time)

    Step 7: Repeat step 5 for any other personal calendars you need to import on your computer.
    -manual sync your phone
    -Check to make sure they have synced

    Step 8: Resubscribe to any of your shared calendars.
    -Settings
    -Calendars
    -Browse Public Calendars (bottom right)
    -Click on Friends Calendars on the top
    -Enter friends email address that you have permission to.

    Step 9: Check to make sure that you calendar is syncing back and forth
    -Create a test appt on Google Calendar on the web
    -Manually Sync your phone. Give it 1 minute to sync.
    -Check to see that appt is on your phone.
    -Create a test appt on your phone.
    -Manually sync the phone.
    -Check to see if appt is on your Google Calendar on the web.

    This should fix everything. At least it did for me, except all day events in month view. However, Palm is aware that this is an issue. They have submitted it to the software engineers for a fix and are planning on that for an upcoming software update. Hopefully this helps ya out.
    Steve
  5. JayKC's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
       #5  
    Still having this issue after partial resets. It seemed to work fine for about a week, but now the same issue is happening again.
  6. #6  
    I have been having problems with other dates, such as anniversaries being imported in the Pre from my Google calendar. Birthdays work fine, but if I add an anniversary or some other date to the contact, that date does not get imported.
  7. #7  
    I am having problems with my calendar- I cannot enter new dates on my Pre that showup on my Pre. No Google calendar events after this Tiesday appear on my Palm. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'll get a bad reputation is I miss any appointments. Help!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    I am having a strange issue with my Pre/Google Calendar sync. I've noticed recently that recurring events I create on the Google calendar website will show up on my Pre calendar fine, but after a certain amount of time the events disappear from the online Google Calendar.

    So I will go and recreate the event on the Google Calendar, it will show duplicate events on my Pre but again vanish from the online Google calendar.

    The disappearing events seem to stay on the Pre, even after sync, but never again show up on my Google Calendar.

    I have no idea what could be the issue here, I have removed the Google calendar account from the Pre and re-added with no success.

    Any ideas? Thanks!
    I am having the same issues and have not been able to fix it. It is very frustrating when multiple events disappear for no reason. They are always repeating events though.
  9. #9  
    I have found that one of the Google calendars I was subscribing to (my school district's religious holiday calendar) had some type of error in it. This caused me to not have any calendar data at all on my Pre. I know that if I turn that calendar off and re-sync calendars my problem goes away. I also know that if you have this Google problem DO NOT use WebOS Doc because your Pre will go black and not turn on. I also know to not try and create events if they already exist somewhere. When I got my replacement Pre (1st one never turned on again after WebOS Doc) I was deleting hundreds of events that were appearing multiple times all over my calendar. I have not turned the problem calendar back on and have transferred the dates from that calendar manually to my Pre. I have spent a lot of time dealing with this problem and I am so upset to know that it is caused by Google and could happen again!
  10. #10  
    Some time ago I was reviewing my Google Calendar settings, on the General tab, halfway down the page and noticed a setting I didn't understand:

    "Automatically add invitations to my calendar:
    () Yes
    () Yes, but don't send event reminders until I have responded
    () No, only show invitations to which I have responded"

    So I figured, no, I don't want some random invitations, so I selected No.

    Well I think that has something to do with our disappearing events. I suspect that when we use the Pre to modify an event, Google Calendar thinks it's from someone else so it treats it as an invitation. After I changed my setting to either the first or second option, all the missing events suddenly re-appeared.

    It works for me. Try it and maybe it will work for you.
  11. smkcpa's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazycheese View Post
    Some time ago I was reviewing my Google Calendar settings, on the General tab, halfway down the page and noticed a setting I didn't understand:

    "Automatically add invitations to my calendar:
    () Yes
    () Yes, but don't send event reminders until I have responded
    () No, only show invitations to which I have responded"

    So I figured, no, I don't want some random invitations, so I selected No.

    Well I think that has something to do with our disappearing events. I suspect that when we use the Pre to modify an event, Google Calendar thinks it's from someone else so it treats it as an invitation. After I changed my setting to either the first or second option, all the missing events suddenly re-appeared.

    It works for me. Try it and maybe it will work for you.
    As soon as I followed your advice, ALL of my missing appointments that were on my Pre showed up in my Google Calendar (and I mean 1 second after I saved the setting!!!!)

    You have solved a MAJOR puzzle.

    Thanks!!!!!
    Steve
  12. smkcpa's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #12  
    Now that they finally showed up, I have some duplicates because I had already re-entered some events manually into Google.

    But it is easy to see them, because the have a ? next to them - they say that I have not yet responded to the invitation, which proves that the Pre was, indeed, sending the changes as invitations.
    Steve
  13. #13  
    smkcpa, if you're looking for the easiest way to find the events that need to be fixed, export your google calendar. Create a new google calendar and import what you just exported. On your Pre look in weekly view and anything that doesn't show up in pairs will need to be corrected.
  14. smkcpa's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazycheese View Post
    smkcpa, if you're looking for the easiest way to find the events that need to be fixed, export your google calendar. Create a new google calendar and import what you just exported. On your Pre look in weekly view and anything that doesn't show up in pairs will need to be corrected.
    I already fixed everything - my calendar is PERFECT on my Pre, in Google, and in Thunderbird on my desktop pc.

    Thanks again for solving this dilema !!!
    Steve
  15. JayKC's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
       #15  
    After cleaning out my calendar before, some of these events showed up! I hope that this solves the problem going forward as well.

    Thanks for this solution, I know A LOT of people experienced this!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions