1.    #1  
    I'm a long time Treo 650 and 700p user (still use my 700p after a disappointing spell with the Treo Pro and Windows Mobile). I would love to get the Pre, but I am a hardcore Tasks and Memos/Notes user. I am aware of Chapura's products and other single function sync apps, but they are currently too limited for me. My question is this, since I do not, nor do I intend to, have a gmail account, is there a *single* application that will allow me to sync ALL of my PIM apps (Calendar, Contacts, Memos/Notes, and Tasks) without using Google? I am happy to look at homebrew solutions as well.

Side note: Does an EAS account sync all of the PIM apps? Does the Palm e-mail client allow you to have more than one EAS account connected? If so, this may be a possible solution for me.

2nd side note: Is there a Memos PIM app that looks like the original Palm Memos app and not the silly Post It Note memos app? I have too many Memos/Notes to view in anything but a single line view.

I really want a Pre, help me make it happen!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Does an EAS account sync all of the PIM apps?
    My Pre syncs Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks with our Exchange 2007 server.

Does the Palm e-mail client allow you to have more than one EAS account connected?
    I don't know this from personal experience, but the word here on the forum is yes, you can sync more than one Exchange account. Not sure if they have to be on different servers or not.

Is there a Memos PIM app that looks like the original Palm Memos app and not the silly Post It Note memos app?
    I'm not aware of one yet. Like you, I make heavy use of notes, having well over 300 of them. I came to the Pre by way of PalmOS to WinMo to WebOS. On WinMo (Treo 800w and Treo Pro) I came to appreciate the expanded note capability of the platform.

But since there is nothing yet native to the Pre that will sync my Outlook notes, I've migrated all of them to Evernote, which I've found to be even more flexible than Outlook. The Evernote WebOS client is basic, but it does get the job done.

You can view in list mode, but given the large number of notes I have, I've found it to be too cumbersome. Instead, you can begin typing a word or phrase while in the Evernote app and it will quickly return the matching notes. I've gotten used to this and like it much better.

I use the Evernote Windows client on my home PC, and the web client at work and on my Macbook. The only downsides are 1. your notes live in the cloud (use SSL and a strong password!) and 2. if you have no cellular or WiFi connection, you can't yet access your notes.

I've heard rumors that Evernote will be releasing an enhanced WebOS client that caches notes on the device, but I cannot speak to the truth of that. But in any case I'm always in the city, so it's not an issue for me.

Do yourself a favor and check out Evernote's website - the flexibility of the program is pretty amazing.

BTW, I've taken the plunge and synced three year's worth of my Calendar to Google. I was a tough decision, but in the end it was worth the convenience. I've been using a Palm since 1996, and I have kept all my appointments going back that far. Unfortunately I can't sync them all to Google, but oh well. I have on EAS account, the Google account and my personal IMAP email account all syncing just fine.

john
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I am currently testing the next version (in beta) of one of the existing sync software solutions. I don't think I'm at liberty to say which one it is, but I can see in the beta that it does have support for calendar, contacts, tasks, and memos.

I don't know if the Memos sync will use the Post It Note app on the Pre or if they will provide an more powerful alternative. I think they will have a Memo App on the Pre based upon a conversation I had. Unfortunately I'm not testing the task and memos sync.

I looked into Evernote but the big flaw with the mobile version is that it's not offline. If you don't have a web connection you can't access any of your memos. That doesn't work for me.

So the answer is... A solution is coming soon and I'll post back here when I know that I'm allowed. :-)
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessem View Post
    I am currently testing the next version (in beta) of one of the existing sync software solutions. I don't think I'm at liberty to say which one it is, but I can see in the beta that it does have support for calendar, contacts, tasks, and memos.
    please tell me it offers a WIRED sync method....