Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I plug in my Pre, press Media Sync, it connects and mounts the hard drive and then immediately dismounts it and the Pre switches into charging mode. USB mode works fine.

No clue what is going on, I turned off dev mode and rebooted my computer and the problem persists. Any clues? Windows 7 64-bit
    what media r u syncing to... if not itune try it...other than that web doctor to the rescue lol
    It might have something to do with the version of iTunes you have. I was warned a few weeks ago not to upgrade my iTunes to the newest version if I wanted my Pre to sync with it. Seems Apple wasn't fond of iTunes thinking that the Pre was a type of iPod.

Barbara
    Palm fixed the itunes syncing issue with webos 1.1 and it works with the latest itunes version 8.2.1 so you should be fine barbara. As for gage have you tried it with other computers perhaps ones not running a beta version of windows? And like shadavis said are you using the latest version of itunes? From what i understand media sync only works with itunes which i don't like doing anyway cause when you use itunes your music won't show up if you just use usb drive. So if Apple breaks syncing again you music is stuck on there.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Yes, I'm trying to use iTunes (latest version), I could care less about my music showing up in USB mode. All my computers are running Win 7 rtm, so it's exactly what will be shipping to people next month. Guess I'm screwed.

I find it hard to believe no one else is using the OS without a hitch though.