Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, first let me say that yes, I have gmail set as my default contact account. On my Pre, it says that I have 219 Google contacts, but yet in gmail or google contacts online, I only have 201. Why won't the other 18 contacts sync? This has been the case for over a month and I've tried several manual syncs as well. I'm assuming that if I delete my gmail account from my Pre then I will loose all 219 of the contacts thus loosing the 18 that aren't synced to google at all so I have not tried this option.

Any ideas?
    An issue with the sync. It really seems like it is in Beta because it works terribly at times.
  3.    #3  
    Ok, so its been 2 months and 2 Palm updates. All my contacts still don't sync correctly. I show 220 gmail contacts on my Pre and only 203 in google contacts. Anyone find an answer to this yet?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Bump-ish

I've just found this behaviour after the 1.3.5 upgrade. I'm missing 6 Google contacts compared to my Gmail account. Unfortunately, some of these are my most important contacts.

I noticed that none of my contacts that start with a number are synced. Also, one of my contacts which has tons of info in the Notes field is not syncing.

Any new fixes for this problem?
    try renaming the contact or copying the info to a new contact. see if they sync.
    Not the same issue but similiar, my google acct will not sync any of my 149 contacts. I have deleted and readded the accout 5 times already with no luck. reboot, still nothing. Any other ideas?
    nevermind, seem like i had a duplicate acct under calenders. deleted all instances of that gmail acct (IM, calender, contacts, email) and then added again to email. seems to have fixed my issues. and all my 149 contacts are there. Hope that helps someone.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Are you sure the other 18 contacts aren't from another source, i.e. Facebook, Yahoo or LinkedIn?
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Are the contacts in the "My Contacts" folder or the general "All Contacts" starting with 1.3.1 the Pre is pulling from the "My Contacts" to avoid the email addresses that google automatically adds for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesmann View Post
    Are the contacts in the "My Contacts" folder or the general "All Contacts" starting with 1.3.1 the Pre is pulling from the "My Contacts" to avoid the email addresses that google automatically adds for you.
    This is exactly what happened to me. I was shocked that the contacts were there, but not syncing. Moved them into "My Contacts" and it worked. (Of course, now I realize I should maybe shorten the list a bit! )
    I am having a similar issue. I have 548 Contacts in my gmail account. They are all in My contacts. My Pre will only sync
    up to 420 of them. Any suggestions. I have tried rebooting, delete and restore on pre, deleting gmail account and then adding it back, and still the same contacts are missing. All of this after the update and a partial erase reset to get the phone to respond again to apps and patches.
    Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I just did the update and all of my contact names and pics are here but no numbers or info and I have no patches or anything on my phone as it was just replaced today?
    For those that are unable to sync all of the contacts.

can you please try the following steps and advise of outcome

1. Export data out of Google
    2. Wipe your google data out on the computer
    3. Synchronize (everything should be blank both places now)
    4. Import data into the Google account
    5. Synchronize
    Do you get the same outcome?

If you do I would also be curious as to if the outcome is the same if you import into a different google account.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Make sure none of your google contacts have symbols (like *&^ etc) in the name field. Mine was just dieing when it would get to one of those.
    There's too many threads about this issue.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...acts-sync.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...wont-sync.html

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post

5. Synchronize

If you do I would also be curious as to if the outcome is the same if you import into a different google account.
    Interesting...I might try this since its one of the last things that I havent.
    Quote Originally Posted by rotarychainsaw View Post
    Make sure none of your google contacts have symbols (like *&^ etc) in the name field. Mine was just dieing when it would get to one of those.
    And of course I mean go to gmail and look at the contacts in there to make sure there are no symbols.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post

5. Synchronize

I can't attempt this. My problem is a little backwards. My Pre has 223 gmail contacts yet my gmail account online only shows 206. If I export the google data then I will loose the 17 contacts on my Pre when I synchronized
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    I can't attempt this. My problem is a little backwards. My Pre has 223 gmail contacts yet my gmail account online only shows 206. If I export the google data then I will loose the 17 contacts on my Pre when I synchronized
    Is it possible that your Google account is merging some of them automaticaly? Have you tracked down the accounts that aren't synchronizing?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    It is worth stating yet again that his synchronisation problems are from the Pre to Google Contacts and not the other way round. He has more Google Contacts on his Pre, than he does in Google Contacts itself.

People are getting confused and offering solutions that don't apply.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    It is worth stating yet again that his synchronisation problems are from the Pre to Google Contacts and not the other way round. He has more Google Contacts on his Pre, than he does in Google Contacts itself.

People are getting confused and offering solutions that don't apply.
    You are correct the OP has the problem with getting contacts from the Pre to Google, but if you would have read the entire thread there are various users having problems going the other way as well. To state that the only issue is from Pre to Google is not accurate as there are two sceneries Pre to Google, Google to Pre, our goal is to try to figure out why and what you have provided has not helped at all.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast