Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FYI, I had the same problem and I got it fixed...but it took hours, I took time (yes, hours) to go 1 by 1 of my contacts in a matter of 3-4 days (over 400 contacts) and checked to make sure they were all labeled as GOOGLE contacts. The ones that were labeled PALM profile, I entered into PC google contacts, they would automatically sync to phone within minutes on it's own.

I went from 215 contacts on GOOGLE to a good 450+. Now I have 2 PALM contacts, the Sprint Customer Service and Account Info...that's it...

I did this before the 1.3.5 or w.e. update that was, I did update, sync'ed google account, WALLLLAAAA... 450+ contacts, have not noticed anyone missing yet....

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!
    I started a thread yesterday that resolved the issue
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    You are correct the OP has the problem with getting contacts from the Pre to Google, but if you would have read the entire thread there are various users having problems going the other way as well. To state that the only issue is from Pre to Google is not accurate as there are two sceneries Pre to Google, Google to Pre, our goal is to try to figure out why and what you have provided has not helped at all.
    There are dozens of threads covering problems syncing in the opposite direction to where the OP's problem lies. Go and post in one of them.

I didn't 'state' the problem only existed in one direction. I did post to encourage subsequent replies to focus on addressing the OP's problem though, because at the time not a single reply had directly acknowledged or addressed it. Every reply was about problems syncing in the opposite direction.

We should be trying to resolve the OP's problem instead of (intentionally or accidentally) transforming it into a thread about something else. Granted the two problems aren't worlds apart but they are different problems and should be addressed separately until someone proves they're intricately linked.
    Last edited by laze; 01/06/2010 at 02:00 PM.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    I started a thread yesterday that resolved the issue
    Can you provide a link?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Can you provide a link?
    Like everyone else in this thread, he's talking about problems syncing in the opposite direction to where your problem lies - here's his thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...wont-sync.html
    Last edited by laze; 01/08/2010 at 06:12 AM.
  6.    #26  
    @laze-
    Thanks, I found his post after I asked for the link. I realize that his answer was useless to my problem. Thanks for your help though
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Open one of the contacts that isn't syncing from your Pre to Google Contacts. Click on their name, this will show the sources/save locations of the contact info. Make sure that at least one piece of info, e.g. email, mobile number, home number etc is being sourced from/saved to Google, this is shown by a white box with a blue lower-case g in it to the left of the piece of contact info.

If none of the contact info is being sourced from/saved to Google that's why you're not seeing that contact in Google Contacts. Please check this and report back.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    With regard to the Pre to Google issue where there are more contacts on the Pre than Google, those contacts are probably from Plam Profile, Facebook, or another source. If you set your primary contact as Google, only new contacts you add to the Pre manually will sync with Google. Contacts that the Pre syncs from other sources do not sync to Google. Until we get a way to export contacts from the Pre to Google by an app, the only way to get those other contacts into Google is to copy the information into a new contact manually. That is one of the glitches in the Synergy concept. It would be nice if contacts the sync from other sources are automatically synced to your primary contact source.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    It would be nice if contacts the sync from other sources are automatically synced to your primary contact source.
    +1
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Open one of the contacts that isn't syncing from your Pre to Google Contacts. Click on their name, this will show the sources/save locations of the contact info. Make sure that at least one piece of info, e.g. email, mobile number, home number etc is being sourced from/saved to Google, this is shown by a white box with a blue lower-case g in it to the left of the piece of contact info.

If none of the contact info is being sourced from/saved to Google that's why you're not seeing that contact in Google Contacts. Please check this and report back.
    I did this and all of my contacts are being synced with palm profile even though I have google selected as my sync preference. Is there any way to change this on the contact?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Did you manually create all of your contacts on your phone before you added your Google account and set it to the default? That would cause this, but you should have contacts that are taking information from Google and your Palm Profile.

The short answer to your question is no. This is the long answer... I set my default account to Palm Profile and created a new contact, as I was creating the contact I had the option to save it to my Google account or Palm Profile to the right of the name field. However, once I'd saved the contact I clicked edit and I could not change it to a Google contact. I clicked the Palm icon and it did result in a menu, but the only option was Palm. This makes me think the option to change where the contact is stored will be introduced at a later date but that's purely speculation.

The only fix right now would be to manually enter all of your contacts into Google Contacts on your PC as KingRican suggested.
    this advice is not so good. Remove data out of a functioning account placing it a risk because of a faulty palm pre ap. actually this advice sucks
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilfishdadpalmpre View Post
    this advice is not so good. Remove data out of a functioning account placing it a risk because of a faulty palm pre ap. actually this advice sucks
    By manually entering a Palm Profile contact from your device into Google Contacts you're duplicating the contact, no data is being removed. You could choose to delete the Palm Profile data from the contact on your device to get rid of the duplication but that's entirely up to you.

I realise it's a clumsy way of moving all your contacts from the Palm Profile to Google Contacts but as it stands it's the only way (as far as I know) to do it.
    This is driving me nuts! I have 391 contacs in google and all worked fine in 1.3.1, now I only get 34 contacts.

Reverted to 1.3.1 and still have problems so: sorry palm, its ****ing google problem! Lets bomb that sh*** company down. lol
    Last edited by glorifiedg; 01/08/2010 at 07:53 PM.
  15.    #35  
    Ok, let me clarify (again)...
    On my Pre, if I go to Contacts>Preferences>Google Account it says I have 224 contacts. Palm Profile only has 2.
    On my computer, google contacts says I have 207 contacts in 'My Contacts'

I'm guessing its a google issue but I find it hard to believe I'm alone with this problem
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    if I go to Contacts>Preferences>Google Account it says I have 224 contacts. Palm Profile only has 2.
    You should've put this in your first post as clearly as you've written it here.

I'd still like you to take a closer look at a contact on your Pre that isn't syncing to Google Contacts to see if there's an abnormality of some kind.

Have you created a dummy contact on your Pre to see if it syncs to GC? 18 contacts isn't a huge amount, it wouldn't take long to enter them into GC, remove your Google account from your phone and re-add it.
    Last edited by laze; 01/09/2010 at 09:21 AM.
    Stock Pre has 1069 gmail contacts on PC Gmail with 990 in My Contacts. Only 650 synced to Pre after full wipe required to recover from lost device. My wife also has gmail and ALL 1100 of her contacts synced to phone including pics which mine does not have. Also facebook contacts work.Done the remove add acounts twice, reset the add remove. Still only 650. All updates made.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    It would be nice if contacts the sync from other sources are automatically synced to your primary contact source.
    Whoa, NO WAY! I do not want all my Facebook friends to suddenly show up in my GMAIL contacts. It's fine that they are on my phone, but I think Palm chose wisely not to sync them anywhere else.

To me, only your primary contact source should be a bi-directional sync, everything else should be oneway (from that source to your Pre).
  19.    #39  
    Ok, so I finally went and manually compared the 2 lists to figure out which contacts were missing from my google contacts account. After I found the missing contacts, there didn't seem to be any logic, or similarities, they certainly weren't all added on the same day... nothing that made any sense. So, since it was only a matter of a dozen or so contacts, I manually added them to google. Then when I synced, they were synced to my Pre but yet, they were NOT linked with the exact same contact that was already on my Pre in the first place. Very weird, right? So, once I deleted the original contact from my Pre, I now have my contacts synced. Well, almost, my Pre has 223 and my google contacts only says 221 and I can't for the life of me find the missing 2. Minor detail, maybe I should count the lists manually. I suppose it is possible that a computer doesn't know how to count
    Anyone here not concern with privacy?

I am not sold completely on the sync and having all my contacts out there in the clouds.

Are there any alternative to sync? Is there a program or way to keep the contacts locally in the pre and outlook?

Thank you
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast