Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have tried to set up to my work Outlook. I am confused and would appreciate any stey by step help as I am a newbie with a Smartphone. BTW - I already called Palm and they couldn't help.
    I have called our IT dept and got the incoming mail server. it is a ssl site so I put in https: I can load the Exchange act but I only have Outbox showing (i can send messages withmy work email address). Palm said I shoulb be able to click on the 'Change settings' for this account once it is set up but the screen is grey and doesn't have any options to do anything. I was also told I needed to install ActiveSync but I have no idea what to do with it. Any clarification or guidance is truly appreciated.
    The Pre already has Exchange ActiveSync support, so there is no need to install anything.

Delete the account you have created. Go to add another account. At this point, click on Email > Manual Setup. Mail Type: EAS. Fill in everything. Try it first with the domain (without .com). If it doesn't work, try it again while leaving the Domain field blank. SSL certificates can cause problems. Try visiting the email WebAccess site with the Pre's browser. You may get a prompt about the SSL certificate. Go ahead and trust the certificate.

Is this a true Microsoft Exchange server or another mail server that is EAS compatible?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thanks!! Excellent! I now have my Inbox. I had tried a number of combinations, but not the one you suggested. it worked!