1.    #1  
    I have been trying to get my Work Outlook to sync to my new palm pre. It is an Exchange account and I have talked to our IT guys and they can't get it working either. They are logging in on their end just fine but when I enter in my login, password, domain, hosting site, etc. it keeps coming back saying that I have a bad login/password.

Our IT guys are baffled as this is the first time they have dealt with setting up a PRE on the network. They told me that I should call Sprint but I already know what they are going to tell me. Any suggestions out there?? Thanks.
    Do you have web access to your exchange account - that is, can you access your email via a web page?
  3.    #3  
    Yes I do. I am able to access email fine by going to our webhost server.
    Are you sure you're putting in the right username/password =)

I'm the sysadmin at my company and we run Exchange 2003. We had about eight people on Treo 700p's that use Exchange Active Sync. We recently upgraded to Palm Pre's. I just configure the Pre email to use EAS, fill in the incoming mail server (same as your webmail - outlook web access), domain, username, password - it just worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkm82 View Post
    I have been trying to get my Work Outlook to sync to my new palm pre. It is an Exchange account and I have talked to our IT guys and they can't get it working either. They are logging in on their end just fine but when I enter in my login, password, domain, hosting site, etc. it keeps coming back saying that I have a bad login/password.

Our IT guys are baffled as this is the first time they have dealt with setting up a PRE on the network. They told me that I should call Sprint but I already know what they are going to tell me. Any suggestions out there?? Thanks.

Are you trying to enter your Palm Pre user name and password, or your e-mail account user name and password?

Just a thought?
    I just tied mine into our new Exchange 2007 server and it's working like a charm
    There a problems with exchange on the Pre, I am not that knowledged but
    a friend of mine is, he determined what the Problems were and it is Palm's integration.
    He even was referred to a developer by an executive at Sprint, to tell them Palm was wrong, but Palm defended their integration, virtually ignored the problem, even though it is partially not working correctly.

Maybe your IT dept can read his post and get something out of it:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-settings.html
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys for all your suggestions. After talking with the IT dept again we tried a different arrangment for my username and he reset the password. Consider this matter closed. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I also had poblems with accessing Exchange.

Then, I tryed the following:

- OWA mail server: https://owa.domain.com/ (with web browser I'm accessing https://owa.domain.com/owa/)
    - under domain, I left this field blank
    - under username I entered my email addres

Before this, I tryed all possible combinations, and nothing help until I used the combination from above.

Hope someone will find this helpful...

BTW, I had similar problems with setting up the same Exchange account via OWA on BlackBerry Internet Services.
    As currently I don't have BB device, I'm unable to try this on BIS, but I have some feeling that it might work.

It's interesting that I had absolutely no problems with setting the same OWA account on iPhone. Seems like iPhone's email setup wizard tryes automatically more possible combinations while trying to connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by darmar View Post
    i also had poblems with accessing exchange.

- under domain, i left this field blank
    - under username i entered my email addres

before this, i tryed all possible combinations, and nothing help until i used the combination from above.

Hope someone will find this helpful....
    yeeesssss yaaaaayyyyyy!!!! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    Do you have web access to your exchange account - that is, can you access your email via a web page?
    I can only get browser access to our exchange server through the VPN or when I am in the office bldg that is 1000 miles away.

I'm assuming that I can't use EAS until someone produces a CheckPoint-friendly VPN client for WebOS?