1.    #1  
    Has anyone else had their Mac slow to a crawl when plugging their Pre into it? My laptop goes to an almost stop it feels like. I've plugged the Pre in twice today and after FINALLY transferring the photos (I selected USB Drive) I finally got frustrated waiting to eject it and just held down the power button until my computer shut off!

Also, it sounds like my computer is just constantly working/running the entire time the Pre is connected to it.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    My 18-month old MBP has no probs with my Pre plugged in.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I havent had any problems with my mac either.
    No problems with mine. Runs fine.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    No.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    any of you guys installed preware on osX
    Works fine here as well, also got the SDK, Dr., Internals, QI etc. running perfectly.
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xioq View Post
    Works fine here as well, also got the SDK, Dr., Internals, QI etc. running perfectly.
    would you mind linking me to a thread/guide you followed? I did a real quick search for snow leopard and this was the largest thread that came up. I appreciate your time sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrdpa View Post
    Has anyone else had their Mac slow to a crawl when plugging their Pre into it? My laptop goes to an almost stop it feels like. I've plugged the Pre in twice today and after FINALLY transferring the photos (I selected USB Drive) I finally got frustrated waiting to eject it and just held down the power button until my computer shut off!

Also, it sounds like my computer is just constantly working/running the entire time the Pre is connected to it.

OS X usually does this if it is having trouble reading a drive. Perhaps the file system on the Pre's USB Drive has become corrupted?
    I have the same problem. Novacom running 100 %
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    would you mind linking me to a thread/guide you followed? I did a real quick search for snow leopard and this was the largest thread that came up. I appreciate your time sir.
    bump
    edit:

I hadn't even tried it and assumed there was some type of computability issue... not the case works like a charm
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrdpa View Post

1> even though apple is a unix/linux kernel based OS, try not to just press and hold the power button when the OS is locating the device. your messing with the EFI firmware

go to utilities and look at activity monitor, it is possible that you may have to much running in the back ground also your processors could be over running and could cause the computer to over run and you see the beach ball. to fix that you need to re-set the parameter ram. goto apple.com/support

hope it helps or set's you on the correct path