Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gmail is one of the MOST reliable uptime out there...I wouldnt be worried
    Gmail being down for the web interface didn't affect me at all. My Pre gave me emails from Gmail so I didn't miss a thing. Pre's reliance on Google Apps (calendar, contacts don't affect me much as I don't use them as repositories as of yet.) My corporate Exchange is the big dependency and I'm pretty sure that we have outages once a month or so. I am looking however to move more stuff over to google apps or Yahoo apps for syncing in the future.
    Even the best have down time. I use GMail for personal mail, Everyone.net for work and Fastmail as a backup for work mail. Gmail is also set to forward everything to my Everyone.net account. Each of them are exceedingly reliable. Down time? None, though once in a while all slow down for a short period.
    GMAIL being down isn't a problem unique to the Palm Pre (so actually wondering why it's posted in the Palm Pre forum).
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    Gmail being down for the web interface didn't affect me at all. My Pre gave me emails from Gmail so I didn't miss a thing. Pre's reliance on Google Apps (calendar, contacts don't affect me much as I don't use them as repositories as of yet.) My corporate Exchange is the big dependency and I'm pretty sure that we have outages once a month or so. I am looking however to move more stuff over to google apps or Yahoo apps for syncing in the future.
    For some reason noone in the Pre forum is noting that the People who owned pre's didn't have problems with Gmail when it went down.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12