1.    #1  
    I have pretty basic work e-mail service using POP3 servers. I have my Pre configured to leave e-mails on the server so they can all be downloaded to my office desktop.

I just noticed that when I have read an e-mail on my Pre but choose to save it by just leaving it in my inbox, the e-mail automatically disappears (as in not even in the trash folder) once the e-mail is downloaded on my desktop (and thus removed from the POP3 mail server) and I then next get e-mail on my Pre. It seems that if the message is no longer on the server, the Pre just deletes it from the phone.

Curiously, this does not happen with e-mails in the trash folder, which must annoyingly be deleted one at a time.

Is there some way to solve at least this situation? I like to keep some old e-mails in my inbox on my Pre as reminders of tasks I need to complete. If they're going to self-delete, however, this obviously won't work.

I really can't believe the enormous step backward I have taken by "upgrading" from a Treo to a Pre! Very disappointing, to say the least.
    check settings in pre email app for history/download days. it will remove anything older than that.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Long time Palmer: Original Palm Pilot > Pilot III > Pilot V > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 755p > Pre