Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Cyanide1973's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
       #1  
    I look around and couldn't find a clear anwser can the pre send contacts and calender info to gmail. And if it can the how I can only recive stuff that add online.
  2. Cyanide1973's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
       #2  
    Ok never mind got it to sync contacts to gmail
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide1973 View Post
    Ok never mind got it to sync contacts to gmail
    Can you please describe how did you get to sync from PalmPre -->gmail ??? Thanks.
  4. licotto's Avatar
    Posts
    471 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #4  
    Open up your Email app...then click on the menu section in the upperleft corner -In Preferences/Accounts you just need to ADD the Gmail account you want to sync with.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    Open up your Email app...then click on the menu section in the upperleft corner -In Preferences/Accounts you just need to ADD the Gmail account you want to sync with.
    This does not sync sync from PalmPre -->gmail. It is only one way sync from gmail --> Palm. I want to have Palm contact info go into gmail contact info. How do I do it?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnaik View Post
    This does not sync sync from PalmPre -->gmail. It is only one way sync from gmail --> Palm. I want to have Palm contact info go into gmail contact info. How do I do it?
    Click the preferences at the top left in email client and select manual setup.

    set it up manually with imap.
    This go both ways
  7. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #7  
    This doesn't seem to work for me....at least not fully.

    New contacts are sent to Gmail, but my ~326 existing contacts aren't being sent to gmail's contact list.
  8. jessem's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #8  
    I believe the reason you're having the problem is that the contacts you previously entered are not a part of your Google Account. To see what I mean go into the Contacts app. Choose the "Preferences and Accounts" at the top. Scroll down until you see "Accounts".

    You should see entries for "Palm Profile", "Gmail" and whatever other accounts you are syncing with. Each of those accounts has discrete information/contacts associated with it and the Pre syncs accordingly. It does not mix them. So most likely your previous records were added to your "Palm Profile" account. They will only be synced with that account.

    When you added the Gmail account it became the "default account" and that's why new contacts are syncing. Notice that when you add a new contact in the Pre you can specify what account you want it to be assigned to in the top right corner.

    Probably your best option would be to export the existing contacts and them import them into Gmail. (If that's even possible).

    Sorry I don't have the answer but at least you know why they're not showing up in Gmail.
  9. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #9  
    Ya, that's precisely the solution I am looking for.....how to export them from the Palm Profile and import them into gmail contacts.

    I don't think a method exists yet either.

    Endersama, claims that the sync occurs both ways. [palm<---->gmail] I don't think this is the case.
  10. #10  
    couldn't you use companionlink to sync from palm pre to outlook or something and then set your default contacts account on the pre to google and sync them back?
    Sync Microsoft Outlook with your Google account and Palm Pre | CompanionLink
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    Ya, that's precisely the solution I am looking for.....how to export them from the Palm Profile and import them into gmail contacts.

    I don't think a method exists yet either.

    Endersama, claims that the sync occurs both ways. [palm<---->gmail] I don't think this is the case.
    Im also looking for a way to export from the palm profile to google. I have tons of contacts. Currently its backed up with the palm profile but im reading its not all that reliable There has to be some way!
  12. #12  
    This may or not be helpful, but I used Chapura to sync to outlook (under their trial) and then I exported my contacts from outlook to gmail.

Posting Permissions