Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What ADGrant mentioned should work. Using Gmail, which you can get at any time for free, with Outlook (or Thunderbird) will give you realtime syncing. If you then set up your gmail with your Pre, gmail will sync to it in real time as well. So, if you delete something on gmail online, it'll delete it in both outlook and on your Pre. If you delete on your Pre, it'll delete in Outlook and in Gmail.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    What ADGrant mentioned should work. Using Gmail, which you can get at any time for free, with Outlook (or Thunderbird) will give you realtime syncing. If you then set up your gmail with your Pre, gmail will sync to it in real time as well. So, if you delete something on gmail online, it'll delete it in both outlook and on your Pre. If you delete on your Pre, it'll delete in Outlook and in Gmail.
    I am pulling email from multiple accounts across multiple domains. Can I pull email from across all these accounts into one Gmail account?

Even if I could do that, a lot of the email filtering (including spam filtering) is not handled by Outlook but by third party apps installed on my computer. The software uses heuristics to sort my email, this isn't going to be possible using regular email filters within gmail.

I need to keep filtering my email exactly the way I am doing it -- this is the thing that CANNOT change. Email filtering must happen on my computer and then propagate up, by whatever means possible, to my Pre. If these changes will be reflected back to gmail with a regular free account then this free option will work for me. If I have to do the filtering on teh gmail server then it won't work and I'll need hosted Exchange or Google Apps Sync.

I appreciate everyone trying to get me to use the free option but I think Google Apps Sync was created to solve the kind of problem I am facing. I need a more sophisticated solution than simply syncing my Pre to a gmail account.

If anyone can answer the two questions I had in my last post I'd be very appreciative.
    Yes Gmail can pull email from multiple accounts on multiple domains. It also has very sophisicated spam filters.

Using Google Apps exchange sync will not give you any enhanced email functionality over a free Gmail account. It may give you enhanced PIM funtions.
    My situation is kind of similar to the original poster, but a little different:
    1. My company uses Exchange/Outlook
    2. My company refuses to turn on ActiveSync, so that option is out
    3. My company refuses to open up the web interface to Exchange
    4. I really want to get my company email and calendar entries on my Pre

In the past when I had a Blackberry, I installed the desktop redirector and it would push everything back and forth between my BB and Exchange via my desktop. It actually worked really well. I have searched all around for something similar for the Pre, but no dice so far. Anyone have any ideas?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12