1.    #1  
    Next to number of unreads. What does it mean? Thanks...Gosh I love this phone.
    Last edited by tamaran-2000; 08/29/2009 at 08:55 PM.
    it means an error occured while attempting to sync. u can click on the exclamation point to see the error message
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    it means an error occured while attempting to sync. u can click on the exclamation point to see the error message
    I've noticed it happens a lot with Yahoo email.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    Clicking on the yellow ex mark does not mention any errors, only update stats and total unopened emails. Mail seems to be working properly, but the yellow ex mark remains.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    you have to check your email settings its usually a password problem or you have selected the option that is not supported with the particular email
    As I posted in another thread just now, the issue for me turned out to be a mess of Spam emails in my Yahoo account. Deleted them all, and the triangle went away.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have the same problem, and nothing seems to help. Most emails get downloaded, but not everything, and I still get the error.
  8. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    It appears to be a problem with the Palm's handling of the IMAP IDLE command. If you go into your account settings and change the Sync settings for Get Email from "As items arrive" to any minute interval, the problem goes away.

*sarcasm* Way to go Palm! *sarcasm*
    There's something wonky with GMail IMAP (and IDLE specifically?), for a while one of my Google Apps accounts was freezing and giving me the ! icon, the other worked fine. I could get the broken one to work for a short while by various combinations (in too rapid succession to know for sure what fixed it each time) of deleting/re-adding the account and doing the Unlock Captcha on Google, but it'd always break again. Adding it manually as an Exchange account instead of IMAP fixed it.

Then, two weeks later, the other account, which was still working fine as IMAP, has started acting up. First it showed the warning icon with no apparent problems, and then it, too, started not syncing, and the Captcha didn't seem to help.

I'm frankly out of ideas, other than switching to Exchange, which is not entirely a happy solution for one of my accounts (it's a forward from my work account, because Network Solutions has yet to support IDLE, so I am forwarding to an account on my Google Apps domain for push, but need to have it send as the work domain. IMAP lets me have separate logins for send and receive, so I can receive via Google but send via my work account*, Exchange doesn't. Exchange won't even do the "on behalf of" thing that IMAP does if you mismatch the "email address" field with what Exchange has as the email address on the server, it will only use the manually entered address as a reply-to.) So...

I'm also not 100% sure, since I was doing a lot of back and forth between adding and removing the account various ways in Mail and Contacts, but I thought that when I added the account via Contacts (which is what Google recommends, or at least was recommending a couple weeks ago), the Mail account it automatically creates is now an Exchange account, whereas it used to be IMAP. I might be mistaken, though, as I recreated the account a couple times in a row, so I'm can't swear to it.

--Andy

*-Of course, this has it's own quirks, because--I think--it's trying to use the SMTP login to upload a copy to the sent folder on the IMAP server, instead of the IMAP login, so no copy of sent messages gets saved, it just gets sent with no evidence on either server. So there's no perfect solution I've found for needing a different login for sending than receiving...
    Quote Originally Posted by tamaran-2000 View Post
    Next to number of unreads. What does it mean? Thanks...Gosh I love this phone.
    I have noticed that I get this a lot when I move into a WiFi zone (i.e., at Panera) that requires to you "accept" or "acknowledge" the WiFi connection before access is provided. Usually, you have to open the Pre browser, attempt to access a website, and then wait for the WiFi provider webpage to load so you can provide permission to "join" the connection.

I was getting the yellow exclamation point with my emails that were coming in while I was eating lunch at Panera and coudn't figure out why until I tried to access the AP News app, which would seemingly get stuck looking for a connection . . . then I went to access a regular website through the browser and realized that my phone was hung up waiting for permission to join the WiFi connnection. Once I granted permission, I could access the AP News app and no more yellow exclamation points!

Don't know whether this is your issue or not, but something to keep in mind when your roving different WiFi hotspots. Good luck!
    I had the same problem. I doctored my phone and started adding things one at a time and checking my phone to see if the problem would come back. I found that when I added the web browser ad-blocker (2nd thing I added) in the webOS quick install, tweaks, and did a luna restart I had That obnoxious triangle again when I set my email to get mail as it arrives on wifi. I went back into qi and unchecked the ad-blocker and did a luna restart...now my phone gets the email as items arrive with no delay on wifi or EVDO. Worked for me, maybe it can work for you.

Good luck!!!!!
    I can heartily second drchiromike's post...I saw his suggestion in another thread (the original WiFi/EVDO push issues poll), and tried it, and push is back to pushing. I sent Jason a message over on Twitter to inquire as to what exactly the ad blocker is doing, and why it might be interfering.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thanks Mike that fix worked perfect!!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I'm not using ad blocker and I'm still getting this problem. I hate to resync the account, but will do so as a second to last resort (at least no partial reset/doctoring)
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    My problem was resolved after digging around a little.

Fix 1 (only temporarily fixed the issue)
    Removed the account and resync'd. This got rid of the problem but it eventually came back.

Fix 2 (real fix, but issue might reoccur)
    I read that certain e-mail headers and/or attachments cause problems. I deleted the recent e-mails around the time this problem occurred and the issue went away. In my case, it must have been a bad e-mail or header since the e-mail in question did not have an attachment.