1.    #1  
    I thought it would be nice if there is a program that can copy audio files to my Palm Pre. One can do this using iTunes, but I, who really likes foobar2000, began to write a program that synchronizes a foobar2000 playlist with the Palm Pre.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Palm$ $Pre$ $does$ $not$ $support$ $FLAC$ $and$ $OGG$. $Also$, $it$ $does$ $not$ $recognize$ $external$ $artworks$ $such$ $as$ $folder$.$jpg$. $So$, $my$ $program$ $performs$ $transcoding$ $and$ $embedding$ $artworks$ $on$-$the$-$fly$. $Those$ $actions$ $are$ $non$-$destructive$ $in$ $the$ $sense$ $that$ $audio$ $files$ $in$ $PC$ $are$ $not$ $altered$ $at$ $all$.

I think this program is somewhat ready to be tested; so, I want others to try the alpha version. For more information, see Synchronizer for foobar2000 - Home As the website states, here's the requirement:
    • Microsoft Windows
    • .NET Framework 3.5 (or higher)
    • foobar2000
    • COM Automation server for foobar2000

As I wrote this program for not only Palm Pre but also my car audio and other devices, the description in the website is little bit complex.

Please note that this is an alpha release, and this program may have many bugs.
    how is this not more popular? thanks man!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    For anyone who will try to do this,

start foobar through "run" and add /regsvr:comserver2

Ex. for me it was C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /regsvr:comserver2

and make sure to edit the palm pre xml file

Other than that this program works great, doubletwist is really slow for me, and foobar+synchronizer works extremely quick
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly914 View Post
    For anyone who will try to do this,

start foobar through "run" and add /regsvr:comserver2

Ex. for me it was C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /regsvr:comserver2

and make sure to edit the palm pre xml file

Other than that this program works great, doubletwist is really slow for me, and foobar+synchronizer works extremely quick
    seems like you had hard time installing my program. Glad to hear that somebody succeeded. The complicated steps of installation already ****ed off my brother and he gave up
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    It's not really that hard if someone follows the steps on your website and looks at the text file you included in the download. Maybe put the instructions to getting the com server running on the website with the other install steps. It only needs to be run once from "run" and then I can just open foobar like any normal program and the com server is running.
    I use MediaMonkey, works very well.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    MediaMonkey is the best option...
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    how is this not more popular?
    Because no one needs a special program just to copy files onto their phone.