Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just thought i'd spread some salt in the wounds.
    no but seriously, Joe Hewitt needs to make an app asap.

Facebook 3.0 iPhone App Now Available - Facebook - Gizmodo
    Yeah, one of the major reasons I have not bought my Pre yet.
    Would be nice.
    I'm still confused whats wrong with using the actual facebook site? If I ever feel like facebooking on my phone, thats what I use, and it works great.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I'm still confused whats wrong with using the actual facebook site? If I ever feel like facebooking on my phone, thats what I use, and it works great.
    I should have posted in my original post that apologists need not post.

Do you like to pinch and zoom for basic functionality, like reading text? I don't.
    The full site works, but a dedicated app is much more user friendly. Much more.
    I hope you're not being a hypocrite, do you have any apps on your Pre?
    I'm still confused whats wrong with using the actual facebook site?
    its one more thing for people to complain about...
    The FriendsFlow app is a pretty nice app to hold you over until the official one. Not an all inclusive app, but it links you to the facebook page whenever it needs to.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post

Do you like to pinch and zoom for basic functionality, like reading text? I don't.
    Got a lot of apps, plenty of homebrew, my Pre is rooted, etc. Guess I should have said in my post, "whiners need not respond".
  9.    #9  
    Got a lot of apps, plenty of homebrew, my Pre is rooted, etc. Guess I should have said in my post, "whiners need not respond".
    ok great. you just proved my point.

plenty of homebrew you say? ok. lets continue.

now do you have any Apps that replicate the functionality of a website?

or do you plan to download such an app? i think you will. maybe it' yelp, infopedia, craigslist, opentable, city search? tweed? maybe you haven't yet but you will. you WILL download one such app, and yes, you will be a hypocrite, it is inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    The FriendsFlow app is a pretty nice app to hold you over until the official one. Not an all inclusive app, but it links you to the facebook page whenever it needs to.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika Ruth View Post
    Yeah, one of the major reasons I have not bought my Pre yet.
    ...you're holding out on buying a Pre simply for the fact it doesn't have a Facebook application?

...alright.
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts

or do you plan to download such an app? i think you will. maybe it' yelp, infopedia, craigslist, opentable, city search? tweed? maybe you haven't yet but you will. you WILL download one such app, and yes, you will be a hypocrite, it is inevitable.
    Wow, someone is especially hostile.

Personally, I think a native facebook application would be great, but I don't mind using the x.facebook.com or the full site for quick status updates and/or checking the status updates of others until one is made.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMeeoow!key View Post

whoa! claws in there kitty, you might scratch someone.

anyway, I don't really care about an app for general facebook use, what i really want is for the pre to have facebook in dedicated IM. that is where the website falls short for me.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    ...you're holding out on buying a Pre simply for the fact it doesn't have a Facebook application?

...alright.
    Yes, yes, I am. I am a stay at home mom, and I'm on and off all day. What I am looking for/wanting are:

Facebook App (waiting)
    I-Tunes compatible (here)
    GPS (here)
    universal search (here)
    Video camera (waiting)
    real webpage viewing (here)

Once it gets Video (my Centro has it), and a facebook App, I'll make the jump. I've been debating and debating. I can wait. My Centro works almost good enough (Facebook bites on the centro), But, good enough to hold me over until we get video and a FB app.

Why do I want to spend $200 when most of my family have iPhones will with a killer new FB app, and after my $200 I don't have it? I'd rather save my $200 for now. I still won't have the Facebook App, but I'll have $200.
  15.    #15  
    I didn't realize posting a facebook link would be polarizing, my word.
    Calm down people. It isn't that serious. and as you can clearly read, there was not whining in my original post.

LOL. You're a trip sometimes.

Don't shoot me.

And what's this "Facebook" anyway?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Wow, someone is especially hostile.

Personally, I think a native facebook application would be great, but I don't mind using the x.facebook.com or the full site for quick status updates and/or checking the status updates of others until one is made.
    haha, i didn't think i was being "hostile", is that possible on a web forum?
    I am merely de-constructing his failed logic point by point.
    sorry to scare you kind folks.
    haha, i didn't think i was being "hostile", is that possible on a web forum?
    I am merely de-constructing his failed logic point by point.
    sorry to scare you kind folks.
    It's cool, emotions run incomprehensably on the webs

besides, I can safely speak for everyone when i say none of us were remotely close to feeling any emotion similar to fear.
    There are four lights.
    The hostility here from many of the new posters is ridiculous. Some of you need to stop acting like someone insulted your wife when they bring up a short coming of the device.

Grow up. Are you really that insecure about your purchase or yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The hostility here from many of the new posters is ridiculous. Some of you need to stop acting like someone insulted your wife when they bring up a short coming of the device.

Grow up. Are you really that insecure about your purchase or yourself?
    thats bringing the love! sure to quiet things down!

what if we are insecure about our wives, would that count?

now that is off track!
    There are four lights.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast