Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    I don't like facebook either. I use it to post pics of the kiddo for some friends & family basically. I haven't posted a status change in weeks. I see others post they're taking a nap or something else as stupid..i don't get it since i really don't care.

But not about me. I do realize how important it is to a lot of users.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    But you can on the full site, which works just fine from the Pre.
    So when the Facebook app comes out then which method will you continue using?

The website that has all the features and "works just fine" but isn't formatted properly for a smartphone screen, requires manual zooming to get proper legibility and requires login for every time you use it.

or

The Facebook app that is formatted to the Pre screen, has all the essential features, custom integration into your phone and several unique custom enhancements made specifically for WebOS

Most people would welcome the app. But if someone still wants the website not then no worries because, contrary to popular belief, the existence of a standalone app does NOT break the internet. So the end result of "choice" is better for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    So when the Facebook app comes out then which method will you continue using?

The website that has all the features and "works just fine" but isn't formatted properly for a smartphone screen, requires manual zooming to get proper legibility and requires login for every time you use it.

or

The Facebook app that is formatted to the Pre screen, has all the essential features, custom integration into your phone and several unique custom enhancements made specifically for WebOS

Most people would welcome the app. But if someone still wants the website not then no worries because, contrary to popular belief, the existence of a standalone app does NOT break the internet. So the end result of "choice" is better for everyone.
    There you go. Hang a star on that post.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Again, no. It's not up to facebook to make sure palm gets an app. It's up to palm. 300-500k users is insignificant to the number of iphone/ipod users, blackberry, android, etc.

You whine to palm who should have already known for months. Palm is in no catbird seat here...to have the big names come to them.
    Catbird seat????
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Catbird seat????
    Catbird seat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  6.    #126  
    Facebook On Android: Not Much To Review, But We Do It Anyway

It may be 1.0 and lacking more features than even x.facebook, but the point is they have an app that will be steadily improved. What is Palm doing?
    fyi this is an official Facebook app developed by Google.
    Loving or hating Facebook is besides the point, Facebook draws people in and palm is dropping the ball right now.
    I know a few people that did not give the Pre a second look because it did not have a fb app. Imagine how many more did the same, and that does hurt Palm's piggy bank.

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I didn't know Android didn't have one either. Guess we shouldn't feel so bad. The G1 has been out a hell of a lot longer than our Pre's.
    Global Posts
    2,392 Global Posts
    iPhone 3.0 >> Pre 1.1...

Lets face it. Lets just hope Palm makes some serious adjustments in the future. The iPhone does have a couple years on the Pre. So its obviously going to have more available for it.

What I want...
    -I want to be able to download and save music attachments in email
    -Forward text messaging
    -Video Camera
    -Much more fluid interaction between contacts/calender
    -Ability to input an address into my contact and drive there using GPS without having to type it in.
    -Copy/Paste in text convo's
    -On Screen Keyboard
    -Variable notification sounds
    -Direct sync with my computer without having to jump thru hoops
    -Expanded app catelog with useful apps rather than the repetitive ones in there currently.

And I feel all of that will come in due time...but right now...its not there. So the iPhone wins in some respects...I wouldnt expect the majority of this site to agree...
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika Ruth View Post
    Why do I want to spend $200 when most of my family have iPhones will with a killer new FB app, and after my $200 I don't have it? I'd rather save my $200 for now. I still won't have the Facebook App, but I'll have $200.
    Erika, please. Your life DOES NOT depend on Facebook. And the iPhone with the killer Facebook app might not let you post more then 10 photos or videos because by then its battery is drained. Is true, you will have $200 extra... that you will spend on other unnecessary things, like all of us, ending up without a phone and without the 2 bills.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  11. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    #1. I would appreciate a well done FB app for the Pre if it had no functional limitations compared to what the full FB site can do.

#2. But the Pre is a good phone and using the full FB site is not hugely inconvenient. Sure, you have to pinch-zoom in and out, but that's not really something that makes me crap my pants. It only adds a fraction of a second to the process.

#3. FB usability test; Pre versus iPhone...

...Sit down on a park bench.
    ...Pull out your iPhone and Pre.
    ...Go to FB; full site on the Pre, via app on the iPhone.
    ...Oh look, one of your friends has uploaded some photos!
    ...Navigate to your friend's photo album.
    ...Hey, one of the photos in the album is your friend with you!
    ...Start typing a comment to the photo.
    ...Get interrupted by a guy sitting next to you on the park bench.
    ...He asks if you know a good Mexican restaurant in the area.
    ...Oh that's easy open up GoodFood on the Pre or whatever the equivalent is on the iPhone.
    ...Find a Mexican restaurant in the area and show the guy sitting next to you.

...Now close that app and go back to FB and continue where you left off typing the comment on your friend's photo.

Just sayin',
    xtn
    I've never purchased a phone because it had a certain app. It seems some do. There are more important things to consider when buying a new phone. At least for me there is, but to each their own.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Half a million downloads for a free app = $0

What really should have happened was Palm should have gone straight to this guy and dropped a large sack of cash in his lap. As much as some people will act like jerks and consider themselves "better" than Facebook users, this is probably the biggest 3rd party app out there.

IF we somehow had an exclusive early jump on Facebook 3.0 then it would have been a pretty big deal for Palm. But instead we got x.facebook.com which is a crippled version of a mobile version of a full website.
    I don't believe Palm has the capital to drop a sack of cash on anyone's lap. Why would FB create an app for about a few hundred thousand of Pre users vs. the millions of iPhone users?
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567