I know it's a long thread, but that question was definitely answered. But here's the thread recap (note. this is a recap and not my personal opinion):
Originally Posted by bipoler
- x.facebook and m.facebook are passable but extremely lacking
- Some feel having a Pre version of the iPhones most popular app is stupid
- Facebook 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 were already pretty good. Facebook 3.0 is amazing.
- WebOS feature set is a foundation for an incredible app but nobody wants to make it
- Joe Hewitt (FB 3.0) chooses to stick solely to Apple despite frustration with the approval process
- Joe Hewitt will NOT make a Pre version so expect an app at the quality level of the Blackberry, WinMo version
- Being more open or easier to develop isn't enough to sway developers
- Palm needs to invest in developers if they want to survive
- Palm has a tough road since they're up against Google, Apple and MS
- Palm promotes it's Facebook integration yet failed to provide an app
- Facebook is an important enough feature to sway users towards a product
- Non-facebook users can't resist reading a thread about a product they have no desire to use and flex their superiority by screaming "Look at me! Please! I don't use Facebook because I'm not an attention *****. Do you hear me? Pay attention to me because my opinion about a product I don't want should be respected!"