1.    #1  
    Has anyone experienced this?

I sync'd my phone with my Facebook contacts. Now, when I text my friends, they receive the text message and it appears on their Facebook wall...What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by narceo View Post
    Has anyone experienced this?

I sync'd my phone with my Facebook contacts. Now, when I text my friends, they receive the text message and it appears on their Facebook wall...What gives?
    Never seen this happen before. Try uninstalling Facebook from your Pre and then reinstalling it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    One of the things that could be happening is that your friend's Facebook profile may be set as the primary profile. Also, check in the text message window to make sure you have the chat bubble with "SMS" inside of it to be sure it's sending to their mobile number. If not, just click that little button with the Facebook icon and select the SMS option.
  4.    #4  
    U Rock UndeadCircus! I did verify that the text message window had the "SMS" inside, but the Facebook profile was set as the primary profile. Once I changed that, it seemed to work fine=)
    U Rock UndeadCircus! I did verify that the text message window had the "SMS" inside, but the Facebook profile was set as the primary profile. Once I changed that, it seemed to work fine=)
    Sweet! Glad to know it worked for you.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Thanks for posting the fix that worked.
    So if my contacts primary profile is set to facebook the pre posts on the contacts wall rather than an sms?

I don't think that is the case. Can someone elaborate on this feature?
    So if my contacts primary profile is set to facebook the pre posts on the contacts wall rather than an sms?

Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post

Well, if their Facebook profile is set as the primary, when you click their name to send them a message it's going to default to send it to the Facebook portion of the contact. When you switch their primary account to be the actual contact for the phone, it's going to default to send the message their SMS. It makes plenty of sense.
    Hate to break it to you, but I have my wife's Facebook account set has her primary profile, and when I send her a txt message, it goes to her phone.

In fact, when I look at it, Facebook doesn't even seem to be an option via the messenger app - so I'm completely baffled as to what you guys are seeing!

Can someone post a screenshot?!?