1.    #1  
    im missing my trusty old curve and am going to swap back most likely until the pre has time to ripen more development wise ive done all i can do with rooting, tweaking, hacking etc and now i just want my connectivity back until more

what im wondering is if I swap away from my pre does the palm my device and synergy profile deactivate similar to BIS or if i were to leave my pre connected to wifi will it maintain the profile thus preventing any issues for when i want to swap back to it?

does anyone even know this?

thanks in advance!
    I really don't know the answer to your question. However, when I activated my Pre, my previous Sprint WinMo phone retained everything: EAS settings, Contacts, Emails, installed apps, custom registry changes, etc. The only difference was that I could not sync over Sprint, send/receive calls, etc. I never reactivated it so I don't know if that would affect anything. Though, I doubt it would.
  3.    #3  
    yea in the end i made the plunge and the palm synergy/sync profile remains active with the phone being inactive essentially it still does anything it used to with the exception of phone calls and text