1.    #1  
    Hello all of my fellow Mac users. I have had issues with Google Sync with iCal and Contact under OSX. However, I just upgraded to 10.6, and it works perfect now. This is a huge relief as it was a PITA to setup and matin in the past.

There is a check box under iCal AND Contacts to Sync with Google. Before, if you didn't have an iPod, there was nothing there under Contacts. There was a workaround, but it seemed that Contacts and iCal would fail to sync correctly.

This alone was worth the price of 10.6.

So.. Bring on Google Voice!
    Where did you get 10.6? I thought it wasn't out till Friday...glad to hear it worked....I did the little ipod hack to get mine to work on 10.5.8...
  3.    #3  
    I promised the manager not to disclose. Sorry!

ATTN:

This from MacRumors.com

Palm Desktop - The iSync PalmOS plugin is broken. Cannot synch with Addressbook and iCal anymore. Not sure if still broken, but almost certainly so.
    haha...I gotta wait for Digidesign to approve Protools anyways, so I'll be waiting on 10.6 for awhile...how's it working for ya?
  5.    #5  
    Its working. There are a few apps that are not ready yet. Mainly its the boot times. There crazy fast!

I have an OCZ Vetrex 120GB SSD Drive in my MBP that is now reporting as 130GB! I will take the extra 10GB.

I'm gonna mess with Quicktime X tonight. Hopefully, it will eliminate the need for VLC and or Plex.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info, I can't wait to get my copy of 10.6 on Friday, that fact that it plays nice with the pre makes the anticipation all that much more difficult to bear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    Where did you get 10.6? I thought it wasn't out till Friday...glad to hear it worked....I did the little ipod hack to get mine to work on 10.5.8...
    The final build has been available for some time now. If you are an ADC member you can download it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo