1.    #1  
    So, here's the issue and maybe I'm looking for a miracle. I would like to do the following:
    1. Sync Google calendar with Pre- Done
    2. Sync Outlook calendar(all profiles) with Google calendar, currently only the calendar entries that are on the "root" account show up in Outlook.
    3. Sync Google contacts with Outlook contacts and Pre Contacts.

What this means is that I'd like all information that is in the Pre (Calendar & Contacts) to be on both Google and Outlook. This gives me the opportunity to back info up and use my PC for Outlook functionality.

Any thoughts......
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    +1 for me on this one too.. I have gotten google calender sync from gmail website set up to get that part going two ways every 2 hours but still haven't seen anything like this for contacts yet.

to get google cal. sync go to gmail, calender tab, sync button up top, look for google sync for outlook - download/config/run
    I'm using CompanionLink for Google to sync my Google and Outlook contacts/calendars (syncs the seperate Google calendars as catagories in the Outlook calendar). I've matched the colors so they looks the same on all three (Pre, Google, Outlook). It was definately worth the money, since they charge per user, not per device.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjochems3 View Post
    So, here's the issue and maybe I'm looking for a miracle. I would like to do the following:
    1. Sync Google calendar with Pre- Done
    2. Sync Outlook calendar(all profiles) with Google calendar, currently only the calendar entries that are on the "root" account show up in Outlook.
    3. Sync Google contacts with Outlook contacts and Pre Contacts.

What this means is that I'd like all information that is in the Pre (Calendar & Contacts) to be on both Google and Outlook. This gives me the opportunity to back info up and use my PC for Outlook functionality.

Any thoughts......
    As others have mentioned, if you want a one stop easy solution then companionlink is the way to:

Sync Microsoft Outlook with your Google account and Palm Pre | CompanionLink

However there are some free solutions out there to. You can use Google's calendar sync as metioned above for free to sync you calendars with your Outlook:

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

Also, there are free options like Goosync that will sync you gmail contacts with outlook:

WebGear.co.nz | GO Contact Sync - synchronize your contacts between Microsoft Outlook and Google Mail

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    As others have mentioned, if you want a one stop easy solution then companionlink is the way to:

Sync Microsoft Outlook with your Google account and Palm Pre | CompanionLink

However there are some free solutions out there to. You can use Google's calendar sync as metioned above for free to sync you calendars with your Outlook:

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

Also, there are free options like Goosync that will sync you gmail contacts with outlook:

WebGear.co.nz | GO Contact Sync - synchronize your contacts between Microsoft Outlook and Google Mail
    Companionlink looks like a nice option, especially for Tasks. Do you know if I modify a Task in either the Pre or in GoogleCal, will CompanionLink sync it back to Outlook? I am not sure if it can be done based on the description from their website.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    Companionlink looks like a nice option, especially for Tasks. Do you know if I modify a Task in either the Pre or in GoogleCal, will CompanionLink sync it back to Outlook? I am not sure if it can be done based on the description from their website.

Thanks
    I've been using companionlink and I've yet to have any troubles. Works great for sync in both directions. I've never tried tasks (I don't use them) but I've synced Pre calendar (on my Pre) events that have sync'd back to google and then back to Outlook.

I believe it has a 14day trial before you have to buy anything. Try it out.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I've been using companionlink and I've yet to have any troubles. Works great for sync in both directions. I've never tried tasks (I don't use them) but I've synced Pre calendar (on my Pre) events that have sync'd back to google and then back to Outlook.

I believe it has a 14day trial before you have to buy anything. Try it out.
    Achill3s, Thanks for your response. I don't have a Pre yet and task is one of the reasons I haven't gotten the Pre. Is there anyway you can try out the task function and report back? If you don't want to do that, it is ok too.

thanks
    I tried "GO Contact Sync" and the result is that the Pre Contacts App seems to think that my contacts first names are their last names. Does Cmpanionlink solve this problem.
    I'm using CompanionLink - appointments I put on the Pre's calendar aren't syncing back to Google (so they arent' getting back to Outlook).

Any thoughts?
    anyone try gsyncit? i'm using the eval and its pretty good - a few kinks still but free to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by arc918 View Post
    I'm using CompanionLink - appointments I put on the Pre's calendar aren't syncing back to Google (so they arent' getting back to Outlook).

Any thoughts?
    Unforunately that's not a CompnaionLink issue, that sounds more like a Google/Pre issue. I'd recheck my settings on Pre and Google.
    Now if it were between Google and Outlook not syncing then I'd say check the CompanionLink settings. CompanionLink for Google only syncs between your supported PIM (in your case Outlook), and Google, talk to the Pre directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I tried "GO Contact Sync" and the result is that the Pre Contacts App seems to think that my contacts first names are their last names. Does Cmpanionlink solve this problem.
    All I can say is, "Thank god that didn't happen to me". I haven't seen that issue with CompanionLink for Google. So far I've had good luck (so has my wife and mother, as we all three ended up buynig it and use it for our Pres).