webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > Can't Upload pics to Facebook
Can't Upload pics to Facebook

Old 08/24/2009, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

I'm not sure what happened but I am no longer able to upload mobile pics to Facebook. It says "Uploading..." and the status circle turns but after several minutes it says "Failed to upload photo". I've tried with several different pictures with the same result. Anyone have this happen or know how to fix it?
Tmjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

This happened to me once. I deleted my FB account from the photo program and re-did it, and that did the trick.
vyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

When I try to upload photos to face book the emails fail and then the pre continues to try to upload the photos until my battery is dead. Is there a work around this, say something to only allow it to try and upload the picture say 4 times then stop?
unclemike#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2009, 01:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yes, this happened to me as well - can't upload photos to FB using the nifty on-photo link.

Where do you add or subtract a FB account from the photo program? I could try vyness's solution.

Haven't sweated it much because it's actually very easy to upload without this functionality anyway. Go to facebook on your real computer, find the how-to bit about using your mobile to send photos to facebook, type in your phone number, and facebook will instantly SMS you an email address. On your phone, send your photos to that email address, and they'll show up in your facebook account with the subject line as the caption. Save that email address to your phonebook under the name "facebook photo upload" or similar and use it whenever you need to.
friedputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by nyquistJack, Psykik, tlaz
Old 08/25/2009, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedputty View Post
Yes, this happened to me as well - can't upload photos to FB using the nifty on-photo link.

Where do you add or subtract a FB account from the photo program? I could try vyness's solution.

Haven't sweated it much because it's actually very easy to upload without this functionality anyway. Go to facebook on your real computer, find the how-to bit about using your mobile to send photos to facebook, type in your phone number, and facebook will instantly SMS you an email address. On your phone, send your photos to that email address, and they'll show up in your facebook account with the subject line as the caption. Save that email address to your phonebook under the name "facebook photo upload" or similar and use it whenever you need to.
From the main screen on the photo app, tap the menu, accounts and preferences or something. You have to actually delete the account and re-add it. Just redoing the password won't fix it.

I have been very frustrated that you can only do one pic at a time with the photo uploader, as well as not being able to do captions. I am going to try this email trick and see if it works better.
nyquistjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2009, 12:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well have you double checked on FB to see that it never actually loaded? bcus mine spins and spins and I usually exit out even before it says it was uploaded successfully and low and behold it ends up on my page.. somehow or another
chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2009, 01:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
From the main screen on the photo app, tap the menu, accounts and preferences or something. You have to actually delete the account and re-add it. Just redoing the password won't fix it.

I have been very frustrated that you can only do one pic at a time with the photo uploader, as well as not being able to do captions. I am going to try this email trick and see if it works better.
The email path allows you to add captions (use the subject line in the email). It also allows more than one picture at time to be uploaded.
Old 01/16/2010, 08:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yes, I am having the same problem. I couldnt u/l photos to FB due to it saying failed login. I erase the photo account on my Pre and tried restablishing an account. It keeps saying failed login.

I have read to do a partial erase but I have to many hacks and apps on my Pre to do this. Is there any other direction I can take? Help!!!
csufr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2010, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

After the update I couldn't upload pictures. So, I deleted the Facebook account in Photos, Calendar, and Contacts, then rebooted and added the Facebook account back into the Contacts. Magically, it re-appeared in all three applications, I can now upload photos to Facebook again!
csufr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2010, 09:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Man of Steelerator (Super Mod)

Facebook upload is down on Facebook side. From what I can tell Iphone, Pre, WM and Android cannot do it....

Someone correct me if they can actually upload, and not just MMS to Facebook.

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

pogeypre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2010, 01:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
Facebook upload is down on Facebook side. From what I can tell Iphone, Pre, WM and Android cannot do it....

Someone correct me if they can actually upload, and not just MMS to Facebook.
My girlfriend uploaded some pics today on her iPhone and it worked fine but when I tried the same on my pre it failed every time. Furthermore, I tried deleting the facebook account from the photo photos app and re-adding it is saying that my username and password is incorrect. I can login thru the normal site however. Any other ideas?
orlando_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2010, 09:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

Anyone have another workaround for this?
Old 01/19/2010, 10:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Man of Steelerator (Super Mod)

My facebook issue was resolved by 11:30 pm the night of the 17th. Very annoying, but I am no longer having the issue. My only suggestion is to remove Facebook from your accounts, and add it back again.

pogeypre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2010, 12:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
My facebook issue was resolved by 11:30 pm the night of the 17th. Very annoying, but I am no longer having the issue. My only suggestion is to remove Facebook from your accounts, and add it back again.
I tried doing that but for some reason it won't let me login to the account from the photos app, although I can login to it fine from the contacts app and calendar app. I ended up just posting it through the palm facebook application. I will do some digging and repost here. I think it might have something to do with permissions on my account settings or something. I remember changing some permissions after they changed certain things on facebook.
Old 01/20/2010, 01:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Ok, so now I can upload pictures but only after deleting my facebook account from pictures, contacts and calendar then re-adding. Weird. Anyhow, works now.
Old 01/20/2010, 01:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'm also having this problem. Failed to upload. I've deleted my facebook photo account and can't readd it. Going to redelete all facebook and readd and see if that fixes...

previously I was able to upload multiple photos to facebook... Used to send 5 or 6 @ a time...
JohnnyPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2010, 01:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
I'm also having this problem. Failed to upload. I've deleted my facebook photo account and can't readd it. Going to redelete all facebook and readd and see if that fixes...

previously I was able to upload multiple photos to facebook... Used to send 5 or 6 @ a time...
How were you able to post pictures 5 or 6 at a time? Through the photos app or using the facebook app?
Old 01/20/2010, 02:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

I also have been having issues trying to upload photos directly to Facebook vs. using Picture Mail. I went ahead and deleted the account from the photo menu and now have run into a new issue. It tells me my user name or password are incorrect and that I need to try again.

Neither are wrong. They're my usual FB logins. Assuming this is a Palm/FB interface issue? I can log into the site fine with the FB app or just by going to the touch mobile FB site. Just can't re-add my photo sharing account. Anyone else having this issue now that they've removed the sharing account?

Thanks in advance!
evansmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2010, 11:33 PM   #19 (permalink)

I had that exact same issue for a bit now. The only that worked for is Deleting the facebook account on calendar and contacts apps then readding them. Let it sync back up with your pre for a few minutes then try to reupload some photos. It worked for me, for some unknown reason. Hopefully, this will work for you.

Perhaps, the way in which facebook authenticates with the palm photos had changed at some point... [shrugs shoulders]
Old 01/21/2010, 07:40 AM   #20 (permalink)

ok.

here goes.

delete photos / calender facebook account.

go to contacts, remove facebook account. Wait for delete to finish.

reset phone (for good measure)

go to contacts. Add facebook account.

wait for sync.

reset phone (for good measure)

go to photo app, choose photo and upload.

do not mess with the photo account settings as forsome reason turns everything difficult.

should work.

as for how to upload multiple pictures in photo app...

Choose photo.
tap the icon to upload.
choose account.
as it is sending, go ahead and sqipe to next photo and repeat steps. If your fast enough, more than one photo should be uploading. I had it go all the way up to 5 or 6 at a time. I've always wondered way back 1.2 (webos) why I was able to do this but not download more than 1 thing @ a time. But... Post 1.3.1 solved that.

hope I could help,

JOHNNYpre
JohnnyPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: detroitwilly

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0