1.    #1  
    I currently do not have the Pre. I am going to get it VERY VERY soon. In the meantime, I want to set up my contacts, calendar and whatever else in Google, Outlook or whatever that can sync with the Pre. Should I start with Google? I want to be able to add something to the phone and I can see it on my computer, and vice versa.

Thanks!!1
    Quote Originally Posted by rapmaster0 View Post
    I currently do not have the Pre. I am going to get it VERY VERY soon. In the meantime, I want to set up my contacts, calendar and whatever else in Google, Outlook or whatever that can sync with the Pre. Should I start with Google? I want to be able to add something to the phone and I can see it on my computer, and vice versa.

Thanks!!1
    If you have a Google email account (calendar is included with Gmail) then you're already set to go. Just add your google account to your Pre and it will start to synch. Outlook will depend on your server/admin and what they allow to sync to their services. I can synch my Pre directly with one of my Outlook accounts (email, calendar and contacts all synch direct w/o 3rd party sw).

My 2nd Outlook account needs a 3rd party to synch contacts and calendar (email is not allowed by our admin but I knew that ahead of time). I use companionlink for google for the 2nd Outlook account.

If you have a Facebook account, same applies as first paragraph. Just add your FBK to your Pre (simple steps) and it will begin to sync. Just remember that with FBK, it's all or nothing. You can't pick and choose which FBK friends sync to your phone and which ones do not. Just an FYI
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    How does google tasks sync with the pre? Just like a calendar event?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Also not sure if you are going from another smart phone to the Pre, but don't let them do a transfer of your phone contacts at the store from your old phone. Sync it with your personal outlook and use the one time transfer. Worked a lot better for me, and transfered more of the detailed data like addys. Also be sure you remove any contacts automatically added to google contacts from e-mails sent.

Google tasks don't sync, or if they do I have not found a way to make it happen.
  5.    #5  
    So any contacts or contact information that I edit in Google will automatically sync to the pre?