1.    #1  
    I cant seem to get my new contacts from facebook to my pre. I have 295 friends on facebook and only 224 are on my pre. i go in and try and manually sync the accounts but nothing happens. anyone have any idea whats going on?
    +1

It's just one contact for me. I'm considering deleting and re-adding my Facebook account, but am hesitant because I don't want to re-link certain profiles.
    I deleted and then readded my FB account in order to get it to update.
    Did you only have to do this once? Did automatic updates resume after readding. Also, did you have to re-link any contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by downtown3641 View Post
    Did you only have to do this once? Did automatic updates resume after readding. Also, did you have to re-link any contacts?

Yes you usually have to only do it once. There is a issue/bug with special characters on Facebook that will not allow sync (Palm is aware of this issue). You will have to re-link duplicate contacts.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/21/2009 at 02:57 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Thanks.
    Well, that didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by downtown3641 View Post
    Well, that didn't work.
    Yeah, it's possible that some of those or one of those contacts is causing your Pre not to finish its sync (Daisy chain effect). Did it synch the same amount of friends that you had the first time?
    It actually synced one fewer this time around.
    Yeah, sounds like you have one of those issues with special characters but it's too difficult to spot sometimes. Palm is aware of the problem (and they have logged it into their software database for bugs) but duplicating the exact source has been difficult for us out in the user community.

I've also read that adding Outlook pics via the PC has caused sync issues. Not sure if this pertains to you though.

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you have a strong EVDO signal when doing the sync. If you have a wifi connection, that might be a better option.
    Nope. No Outlook pics. Oh well, one or two facebook contacts not syncing is not a huge deal.