Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Is there a limit to how many messages per inbox it will keep on the pre? I come from using an ipod touch where it would only keep the last 50 messages. When it synced new mail it would remove old messages to keep the count at 50. I thought this was what the 'show email' option in preferences, yet that it would work on the age of mail and not the count. I have mine set to 7 days yet it keeps mail older than 7 days synced. Thoughts?

rich
    Never tested how many it actually holds? I have mine set at 3 days. It synchs with my PC mail (read, unread, deleted).
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    So mail older than 3 days gets removed from your inbox list?
    Quote Originally Posted by fergus420 View Post
    So mail older than 3 days gets removed from your inbox list?
    In my case, yes. I figure if I want to reference an e-mail more than 3 days old I can look it up on my PC and Outlook. It cuts down on the storage on the phone and, in my opinion, makes the e-mail app a bit snappier.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Hmm.. This isn't the case for me. I had mine set to 7 days, just switched to 3 days, and have mail from 8/6 still in my inbox listing. Do you use IMAP or POP?