Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I currently have my Google account set up as the default account for my contacts on my Pre. I also have a Facebook account linked up on the phone.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but when the Pre backs up the data to Google, it just backs up the phone numbers it gets from Facebook and doesn't send the email addresses to my Google contacts. Is there any way to do this? I'd love to have all my friends' email addresses backed up and not just phone numbers.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Wait...so for contacts for which you have both facebook and Google Contacts info, the Pre sends phone numbers that are from facebook to the Google Contacts entry?

I didn't know that!! Automatically and all? Does it only do that when you have a linked Google contact? It doesn't just absorb all your facebook contacts, then, I assume...

Wow...Didn't know that...Where/how'd you find out?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    From what I can tell, until Facebook changes their terms, you'll never get email addresses out of them through any type of application. I've used Fonebook to identify what Facebook people are missing from my Outlook (They don't sync down to Outlook - yet) and just update the email addresses manually. If the person on Facebook chooses not to share their email address, it won't show up.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Wait...so for contacts for which you have both facebook and Google Contacts info, the Pre sends phone numbers that are from facebook to the Google Contacts entry?

I didn't know that!! Automatically and all? Does it only do that when you have a linked Google contact? It doesn't just absorb all your facebook contacts, then, I assume...

Wow...Didn't know that...Where/how'd you find out?
    Yeah, with Google set as your primary contacts account, it backs up all your facebook contacts there daily, complete with phone numbers. Very helpful in case your phone ever breaks. However, at least as far as I can tell it won't back up email address(es) stored in friends' profiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by areinus View Post
    Yeah, with Google set as your primary contacts account, it backs up all your facebook contacts there daily, complete with phone numbers. Very helpful in case your phone ever breaks. However, at least as far as I can tell it won't back up email address(es) stored in friends' profiles.
    I don't think that the pre backs up my facebook contacts on gmail. At least mine never has.

Switching contacts on other accounts is easy (i.e., from one gmail to another, or from Outlook to gmail) I had to do a lot of that when I first got my pre. But, switching them or copying them from fb does not seem to have an easy route right now.