1.    #1  
    I'm having trouble with my new Pre.... I want my gmail account and google calendar set up on my new Pre, but I don't want any Gmail contacts on there or it to sync at all. How do I set that up?

Gmail contacts irks me because even with the suggested contacts feature turned off, all those ugly contacts are still synced to the phone, thanks to Google's crap API not distinguishing this. So every time I email someone new, it shows up in the contacts....

I just want to synchronize my own contacts from my Mac address book. Help....
    I also didn't want my gmail contacts on there. What I did was to go ahead and add gmail in through the e-mail app. Then, from the contacts app, go to preferences and remove the gmail contacts. It works like a charm for me.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    now would I have to do this every time I reset and wipe the device to restore back to factory settings?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Rocket man,

I wrote up a workaround on making your phone exclude the "Suggested Contacts" when syncing. It does rely on a setting up a NuevaSync (free) account, though.

I've been using this method since the day the Pre launched.

Palm Pre: Only Sync Google “My Contacts” | AaronTerry.com
  5.    #5  
    Hey I read your little guide but I don't trust Nuevasync to handle my personal data. Not to mention, I don't need Google contacts working at at all... Just the calendar and gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_man33 View Post
    now would I have to do this every time I reset and wipe the device to restore back to factory settings?
    Yes, though hopefully you won't be wiping your phone that often.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad