1.    #1  
    First of all I know the kerio web site mention that the prprpr $is$ $still$ $unsupported$ $but$ $I$ $believe$ $in$ $the$ $community$ $so$ $I$ $post$ $this$ $question$ $to$ $find$ $a$ $possible$ $workaround$.

That is for a month now that I am searching for an alternative solution of exchange mail server and EAS. My hopes were put in kerio mail server. I was pretty impress to see that it sync 4 elements (I mean task also) and the wipe device is working well but I am stuck with this error :

ASyncContactData.cpp: ActiveSyncContactData::ReadFromWBXml: Unknown Application data ID: 0x040E

in the logs after a short period of time. For people that are not familiar with kerio mail server there is a way to see when the sync occur. The mail sync well but the other 3 elements did not.

I use version 6.7.1 of kerio and the emulator (sdk). Soon to have the real phone. Be here in Canada on August 27, 2009. Less then 2 weeks. Hooo!!!

Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards
    We had this same problem when we bought Palm Pre's at our office. Eventually the Kerio forum stumbled upon the answer. I am including the link to the forum thread. The one line that made the difference for us is included here:

All I did to make it work was to install the server.crt on my Pre. On the Kerio server all I did was change the mailserver.cfg file variable "allowunsurporteddevices" to 1.

I did not have to install a cert as my certificate was working properly already. Really I just needed to tell the Kerio server to support unsupported devices.

Kerio: Kerio Mailserver => Palm Pre active sync errors

I hope this helps.

Chad Scates
    Cardinal Peak
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Scates View Post
    We had this same problem when we bought Palm Pre's at our office. Eventually the Kerio forum stumbled upon the answer. I am including the link to the forum thread. The one line that made the difference for us is included here:

All I did to make it work was to install the server.crt on my Pre. On the Kerio server all I did was change the mailserver.cfg file variable "allowunsurporteddevices" to 1.

I did not have to install a cert as my certificate was working properly already. Really I just needed to tell the Kerio server to support unsupported devices.

Kerio: Kerio Mailserver => Palm Pre active sync errors

I hope this helps.

Chad Scates
    Cardinal Peak
    Thank's for your reply but this step was already done. I connect in https and the self certificate is installed.

Regards
    I concur with Chad. I installed the self signed cert & allow unsupported devices. However, somethings don't work correctly. I can see subdirectories, but they do not sync. The Pre does not get the correct From address from the Kerio profile. I had toog into the user's account via webmail and define a From address to fix it. The Pre uses the Palm Profile name for the From name in emails. Reoccuring all day events are spaned over two days on the calendar. All day events are not shown in the month view on the Pre calendar.

Emulators and virtual machine do not always behave the same as the real device. It might work fine for you once you use the Pre. Keep us posted!
    Kerio just updated and re-branded their Kerio Mailserver. It is now called Kerio Connect. With this update came a lot of changes. Two noticeable changes include a webpage style administrative UI that is remotely accessible and support for several new devices: Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Motorola Droid, and Google Nexus One.

To avoid problems, I performed the following actions. I removed the EAS account from the Pre. In the Kerio administrative console, I removed the Pre from my user account. I removed the custom 'Reply-To' or 'From' email address in the Kerio user account settings. I stopped the mailserver and changed 'AllowUnsupportedDevices" BACK TO 0 in mailserver.cfg. I then installed Kerio Connect over the existing 6.7.3 installation...which is the recommended method. I added the EAS account in the Pre like I have done in the past.

Everything seems to work great. Subdirectories are sync'd upon opening now. The Pre now uses the 'From' name on the Kerio Connect account instead of Palm Profile. Also, the correct 'From' or 'Reply-To' email address is retrieved without me manually defining the email address in the user account settings. The Calendar and Tasks work fine. However, they worked before the update. One a side note, it does seem like PUSH is faster now that Kerio Connect officially supports the Palm Pre.