Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I need itunes for my college classes but not for the Pre. I love WinAmp but when I choose media sync, itunes open (not running in background) and starts syncing my speeches for my classes. If I stop the sync, my pre has a fit and tells me that the data is damaged. How can I disable the auto open and sync functions in itunes. I have set WinAmp as my default media player but itunes has taken over.
    Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    When you connect to the computer, select "USB" and NOT Media sync. That should do it for ya.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    So it sounds like iTunes already "knows" your Pre. The first time iTunes recognized your Pre you should have had the chance to set it not to sync. Now I think you can still connect, and when iTunes opens, interrupt the sync, then set it to manually manage music, and not open iTunes automatically when you connect.

But, I don't think you can open iTunes with your Pre connected without it pulling in your Pre.

Regards,
    Tom