Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Situation:
    Wife and I both have Pres
    Wife and I both have exchange with work, but with separate companies
    Wife and I both have google accounts

We want to be able to have one calendar on BOTH of our phones for us to share appointments and puch thins to the centralized calendar. How would you accompliah this task?

Is there a way to share calendars between exchange servers?

Can you grant editing permissions on a google calendar?

Should we just create a new google account and BOTH add it as a new account on our Pres?

Should we buy our 6month old his own Pre and have the coolest baby in the world?
    Couple ways to do this. You can create multiple calendars in Google Calendar. Then share including the ability to edit. I currently have two google accounts just for calendars (because of Outlook sync on Google). My wife has two calendars on one account. All 4 are available on mine. My wife sees Her two and my personal (she don't want to see my work one.)

Just share them and pick the color on the Pre. Done. Synergy for the win.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Couple ways to do this. You can create multiple calendars in Google Calendar. Then share including the ability to edit.
    couldn't this be done by one of them creating one calendar, then giving the other the ability to edit? works well for me.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Kaerey, I have the exact same setup as you. My wife and I don't share our exchange accounts because they are both for work. I don't really care how many meetings she has to attend each day and vice versa. Then we each have google accounts for email and calendars. We shared each others calendar, I can read hers and she can read mine. Then I created another calendar on my account that I use as a shared calender for both of us which she can read/write. I also have several other calenders setup and shared in the same way for birthday's, anniversaries, etc... This works out very well for us.

I handled contacts slightly differently. I created a new gmail account to store all of our shared contacts. This was because I didn't really want all the extra contacts automatically generated from gmail and it made it much easier to share. Now when I update or add a contact on my phone it is quickly mirrored to her phone. Synergy is AWESOME!

My phones are configured as follows:

My phone:

- Calendar
    + palm profile
    + my work exchange
    + my google account

- Contacts
    + palm profile
    + my work exchange
    + shared google account

Her phone:

- Calendar
    + palm profile
    + her work exchange
    + her google account

- Contacts
    + palm profile
    + my work exchange
    + shared google account

We could have used the shared account for calendaring as well, but I was using the calendar setup before we had our pre's. She was using a centro and I had a palm pro. I setup the shared gmail account once we got our pres strictly for contacts.