Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    google "pre facebook". Some of the hype of this phone is how it "seamlessly intergrates with facebook".

sure, it can sync all your facebook data, and that excellent the way the Pre does it, but blackberries and WM phones can do this to. I want the facebook app, there is no excuse for not having an actual app. I can understand maybe its being integrated with web os, but facebook has been out for a long time, and the Pre has been under constant development for who knows how long now. This should have been addressed a long time ago!

For those of you who say "stop complaining, its coming", yeah DUHHH we all know that.

It took Apple/Pandora over 3 months to code Pandora and release it publicly. Guess how long it took them to port it to the Pre? Just over 3 days!! The groundwork as far as coding the app is ALREADY THERE. There have been no hints as to if they have any teams working on it, or when a alpha or beta version of it will be released. Hell, we havent heard ANYTHING at all, and thats what has the most of us pissed off!! Hence the reason why this thread exists!!

If you dont like facebook, or dont care about a native app, then why are you even in this thread?? KEEP IT MOVING!!
    So in other words you just proved my point. Palm has never refered to the Pre as "THE facebook phone".
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    So in other words you just proved my point. Palm has never refered to the Pre as "THE facebook phone".
    What exactly are you trying to be smug about? A product doesn't need to have an official designation in order for the public to assume it's "THE facebook device".

The Pre was never officially referred to as "THE NFL phone" yet if you want the best NFL app it's on the Pre. Consumers assuming it to be "THE included GPS phone", "THE Google PIM phone", "THE multitasker" or "THE keyboarded wonder" doesn't bother you at all. But if anyone dares to assume it's "THE facebook phone" due to the heavy facebook-centric marketing and facebook integration then you feel the need to flex your ego and shake your animated head at them? Seems a bit insecure to me.

The future of the OS seems to have deep links into Facebook so I feel this is THE facebook phone and the only thing missing is the long overdue standalone app.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    What exactly are you trying to be smug about? A product doesn't need to have an official designation in order for the public to assume it's "THE facebook device".

The Pre was never officially referred to as "THE NFL phone" yet if you want the best NFL app it's on the Pre. Consumers assuming it to be "THE included GPS phone", "THE Google PIM phone", "THE multitasker" or "THE keyboarded wonder" doesn't bother you at all. But if anyone dares to assume it's "THE facebook phone" due to the heavy facebook-centric marketing and facebook integration then you feel the need to flex your ego and shake your animated head at them? Seems a bit insecure to me.

The future of the OS seems to have deep links into Facebook so I feel this is THE facebook phone and the only thing missing is the long overdue standalone app.
    One of my questions, if we are calling it "the facebook phone" what does it do differently from BB or iPhone or WM phones? Don't say the contacts part, I think that's actually worse. Don't say the birthday part, i don't even get a reminder. At least with the BB, it stuck the person's bday in your calendar.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Grepper is working on one that I think will meet your needs. http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...p-0-0-1-a.html
    and so everyone knows, he just updated it to 0.0.5

Test and help Grepper out on some changes we'd like to see. I asked him about the ability to update statuses, he was already working on a new release, and he just threw that in within a few minutes.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345