Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Whats the big deal? I have no problem, and actually enjoy using the full facebook site with the browser. Stop being pansies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan000 View Post
    Whats the big deal? I have no problem, and actually enjoy using the full facebook site with the browser. Stop being pansies.
    Translation: I have not read any of the previous posts which explain exactly why is it so important to have a native fb app. Also I am allergic to flowers.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    My main beef is although the web browser site looks and works fine, there seems to be no way to comment on an entry. Only with the crude cell phone site or the too tiny regular site.
    Mark F Chinsky
    I say chill out. It's possible Palm is holding this back for a release with the App catalog. Based on the response here, I would actually expect them to do just that. They've already mentioned they would be released some "cool" apps with the catalog, and we thought it meant a Video recording app. Maybe it's your bloody facebook app. So wait for the app catalog people. Complain then.

Also I think that was a Sprint ad, not a Palm ad.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iranmani113 View Post
    Translation: I have not read any of the previous posts which explain exactly why is it so important to have a native fb app. Also I am allergic to flowers.
    All the people that are using this as an excuse, they should remove half the apps they have previously downloaded, because over half the apps out there, you can just go to the actual website.
    m.facebook.com is not formatted to CORRECTLY fit your pre. It's FACKING AWESOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    m.facebook.com is not formatted to CORRECTLY fit your pre. It's FACKING AWESOME!
    I agree, people need to stop *****ing about the app, it will come and there are many other threads. People also need to stop saying use the site, that's also nonsense, the full site isn't really "useable" on the pre's screen.

oh and you just circumvented the censorship rule, be careful less they layeth the infractions upon thee
    I dont understand? Why a facebook app? Why not go to the real facebook...that's what I do. You can do just about anything except flash items.
    I think its cooler to show people you can go to the "real" facebook. That impress more people to me.
    I don't want to look at my pre and be like its there is an app for that.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    It's so small on the Pre screen. You have to do alot of panning an zooming to make it usable. If only m.facebook.com would just allow you to post comments like x.facebook.com, we'd be fine.
    Mark F Chinsky
    wtf... dude m.facebook.com was a different site yesterday. It fit my screen PERFECTLY... and now it's back to its big old self!!!! I need to figure out how I put it to that size!
    HOLY SH#T EPIC FIND! Go to m.precentral.net TURN YOUR PRE TO LANDSCAPE and then go to m.facebook.com IT WILL FREAKING FORMAT THE MOBILE SITE TO FIT YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to your new facebook app!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    HOLY SH#T EPIC FIND! Go to m.precentral.net TURN YOUR PRE TO LANDSCAPE and then go to m.facebook.com IT WILL FREAKING FORMAT THE MOBILE SITE TO FIT YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to your new facebook app!
    Nice try, but not the same.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I'm hoping this one is going to be ready soon.

Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I've never heard anyone call the Pre "THE facebook device" except for forum poster's. Did Palm ever actually use this phrasing?
    google "pre facebook". Some of the hype of this phone is how it "seamlessly intergrates with facebook".

sure, it can sync all your facebook data, and that excellent the way the Pre does it, but blackberries and WM phones can do this to. I want the facebook app, there is no excuse for not having an actual app. I can understand maybe its being integrated with web os, but facebook has been out for a long time, and the Pre has been under constant development for who knows how long now. This should have been addressed a long time ago!

For those of you who say "stop complaining, its coming", yeah DUHHH we all know that.

It took Apple/Pandora over 3 months to code Pandora and release it publicly. Guess how long it took them to port it to the Pre? Just over 3 days!! The groundwork as far as coding the app is ALREADY THERE. There have been no hints as to if they have any teams working on it, or when a alpha or beta version of it will be released. Hell, we havent heard ANYTHING at all, and thats what has the most of us pissed off!! Hence the reason why this thread exists!!

If you dont like facebook, or dont care about a native app, then why are you even in this thread?? KEEP IT MOVING!!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    I'm hoping this one is going to be ready soon.

That looks nice!>..come on Palm and get YIM and SIG line for SMS!!
    I can not wait for the FB app.

That is the one thing I miss about my blackberry, being able to respond to statuses and post comments right then and there.

Also poking people. When I got poked, I just clicked poke back. Simple and easy.

On the Pre, I have to go to the web site....which is cool, but it makes it harder to quickly update or comment on a status or poke people real quick.

Maybe you have to be a Facebooker (junkie) to really understand the true need of the app.

Yes, I am waiting for a FB app for Pre.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Here is an ad that is all about implying how great the Pre is with facebook....Not...
    Mark F Chinsky
    I agree with you...from day one when the phone was announced PALM made it very clear that the pre was going to work very closely with Facebook. It seemed to me that Palm was going to revolutionize the way the pre works with facebook. However, there isnt one thing that the pre does that blackberry app doesnt do! So I ask, how exactly has the phone changed the way we use our phones?? Don't get me wrong, I am all for the pre but I also feel a little mislead....
    Grepper is working on one that I think will meet your needs. http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...p-0-0-1-a.html
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast