Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Dude, I'm with ya. So sick of not having a facebook app. Was thinking of writing one myself, I just don't have the time right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    Let me clarify here. I see the reason for a facebook app, do I think it should be anywhere NEAR a top priority for palm right now? Absolutely not. There are plenty of things that need to be taken care of first.

Facebook.com actuallys works correctly, 100%. I am not even certain why you bought a smart phone if you are unwilling to "deal with the annoyances" of navigating a properly rendered HTML page. You could get facebook on almost any phone.

There WILL be one people, just wait and let Palm take care of the important things first!
    umm it actually is a huge priority! this was marketed as THE facebook device. And there are thousands, THOUSANDS of us who think the facebook app is one of the highest priorities. For me, its top three

again, if you want to use the browser GO RIGHT AHEAD. But if your not coming from an iPhone or Blackberry with a native FB app(iPhone specifically), then you wont understand.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    lol we already have 3 facebook options. facebook.com, m.facebook, and x.facebook. pick one.

anyways I read somewhere that facebook is working on facebook 3.0 app. perhaps palm is waiting on that.
    The only one that looks proper on the Pre is x.facebook.com However, it doesn't seem to let you comment on anybody's post
    Mark F Chinsky
    Does anyone even know for a fact that there really is a FB app in the works. I know FB was listed as a launch partner but that could just as easily be because FB had to do something to give Palm access to contact information for syncing. Maybe that's always been the planned extent of the partnership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
    umm it actually is a huge priority! this was marketed as THE facebook device. And there are thousands, THOUSANDS of us who think the facebook app is one of the highest priorities. For me, its top three

again, if you want to use the browser GO RIGHT AHEAD. But if your not coming from an iPhone or Blackberry with a native FB app(iPhone specifically), then you wont understand.
    I've never heard anyone call the Pre "THE facebook device" except for forum poster's. Did Palm ever actually use this phrasing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Success100 View Post

I had an iPhone, a Centro, and a BB. All had Native apps. I understand why you want it, and I will bite that this was marketed as the "synergy phone using facebook contacts". I don't remember it being marketed as a "Facebook phone".
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Does anyone even know for a fact that there really is a FB app in the works. I know FB was listed as a launch partner but that could just as easily be because FB had to do something to give Palm access to contact information for syncing. Maybe that's always been the planned extent of the partnership.
    At this point, there isn't one.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ::inserts be patient comment::
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    I can't believe people don't understand how an APPLICATION differs from 'just going to the webpage'. Are you people serious?

There's a huge difference.

You can same the same thing about Twitter. Why do we need Tweed when we can just go to twitter.com? Think about it.

An Facebook APP would be custom made with the webOS UI and much much easier to use. Try the iPhone or Blackberry FB apps and you'll understand the difference.
    Because these are the same fanboys who can't imagine why anyone would need to forward a text message, save a video/mp3 from text message or record a video. "my Pre is perfect! it doesn't need anything!" When someone suggests the Pre may be lacking somewhere or simply want to post an idea, like an App (sure they aren't created by Palm) or comment on functionality, the fanboys get upset and defensive.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ^^^ you talk of the real my friend, i appreciate those words
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Because these are the same fanboys who can't imagine why anyone would need to forward a text message, save a video/mp3 from text message or record a video. "my Pre is perfect! it doesn't need anything!" When someone suggests the Pre may be lacking somewhere or simply want to post an idea, like an App (sure they aren't created by Palm) or comment on functionality, the fanboys get upset and defensive.
    oh great, now you've done it. Now you're gonna get people all riled up again.
  12.    #52  
    I have a question....

Why would Palm/Sprint make a commercial with a GIANT LIVE REPLICA of facebook if it wasn't important?????
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    I've been thinking about it. This may be wishful thinking, but the delay may be a result of an effort to integrate a Facebook app with WebOS. I'm thinking further integration with contacts, such as being able to jump straight to a contact in the app after performing a universal search, and maybe even a direct link to being able to post to someone's wall or send a message. Maybe we are looking at a "share on facebook" option within the web browser. Like I said, probably wishful thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    I have a question....

Why would Palm/Sprint make a commercial with a GIANT LIVE REPLICA of facebook if it wasn't important?????
    I agree. Part of the reason I bought this phone was for the facebook app I thought it had. Only to get it and see a link to mobile website just like my pathetic Instinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhughes86 View Post
    I agree. Part of the reason I bought this phone was for the facebook app I thought it had. Only to get it and see a link to mobile website just like my pathetic Instinct.
    Maybe what you could do is run classic and use the facebook app that the treo's were using until a pre specific one comes out.
    I'm fine with using the full site for the time being. But I hope an app comes soon because I hate having to zoom in and out so much.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    An app is def in the works by facebook.. anyone that thinks differently is delusional.
    Every platform has a fb app, fb is the #1 social networking site, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when, and it's probably going to be the most advanced fb app yet integrating synergy and webos features
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    does this work
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    An app is def in the works by facebook.. anyone that thinks differently is delusional.
    Every platform has a fb app, fb is the #1 social networking site, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when, and it's probably going to be the most advanced fb app yet integrating synergy and webos features
    that's exactly what i'm thinkin. what i dont understand is that they announced the Pre in January. its august. i know it wasn't ready at that time for developers, but with Facebook & Google as the only synergy functions, why were they not in the development meetings at Palm? they should have been working with Palm the entire time. i fully expect amazing apps for Facebook & Google, i just don't understand the delay.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Def need a facebook app. Really sick of not having one. What's the holdup?! It's not like it rocket science to program for this phone. Especially for a company that is web based (facebook) and does plenty of web development already. You'd think this would be a no-brainer.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast