Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hello everyone,

I must admit I do not have a Pre (still on my Treo 650). However, my girlfriend has one and we had 2 fold issue to resolve. First was importing contacts from her old Blackberry to her new Pre (not too difficult). The second was dealing with the "polluted" Contacts list (from syncing with GMail) full of random emails and "people" with no phone numbers, etc.

I came up with, what I think, is a rather elegant solution. It is very possible others have already figured this out and posted on it, but I thought I'd share my experience in case it could help anyone.

I have put up a quick webpage describing the procedure (start with syncing a Blackberry, but I'm sure you can adapt it). I can't post links because I havn't posted 5 messages yet. But you can copy/paste it into your browser.

Keep your Pre contacts and your gmail contacts Seperate

Later I'll put up a more attractive page at the same address.

Hope this helps someone,
    Sean
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hmm,

I was hoping someone would find this useful. Oh well.

Cheers,
    Sean
    This may be helpful to some, that was good of you to put up a page like that.

I had a Treo 700w and wanted to migrate everything myself. Ended up downloading PIMBackup for WM, exported a .CSV file and uploaded the contacts to my secondary gmail account that has no contacts as of yet, as it is a newer account for more business use. I did the same thing you did and synced that secondary account and viola... All of my contacts from the Treo were there. From then it was just linking Facebook profiles to the contact information and I've got everything setup now.

Good guide for Blackberry users, had to do a workaround for WM myself. Hope your suggestion can help some others!