Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Apperantely I was too excited when I got my Pre last Friday because when typing in my name (Tyler Kresila) I typed in tyler Kresils (Not my name...) I've tried logging onto Palms website and changing my name in the profile there but the changes don't show up on my Pre... This is bugging me and I just noticed when I send an e-mail, the misspelled name appears on the e-mail... Not good at all considering I use my phone for important school e-mails.. Any help with this would be much appreciated. I've searched this forum and up and down Google but turned up nothing. Thanks!
    Email Palm tech support.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Is that the "only way to fix it" answer?

Some more information, my Palm Profile (according to the website) has the right name listed and shows my account as having it's e-mail verified. However when I go to the device under the Back Up > Preferences > Etc... it claims that I have NOT verified my e-mail. There is a button to resend verification e-mail but it appears to not work.

I'll try e-mail Palm Tech Support later today though and see what they say.
    For your e-mail issue, if you go into the mail app, click the menu button and select accounts and preferences - click on each individual account and edit the Full Name to correct your name.
    you may also try doing a partial erase that will take care of the verification issue and may fix your name as well...
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    For your e-mail issue, if you go into the mail app, click the menu button and select accounts and preferences - click on each individual account and edit the Full Name to correct your name.
    Thanks! That worked as far as the emails, I'll check the rest later!