1.    #1  
    I have my Pre synced to my school's exchange server so that I get all my email to my phone as well has back up my contacts (email and phone) and calendar entries to the server. My school recently announced that in the next few days we are switching from Exchange to Outlook Live.

My primary concern is keeping all my contacts; I am worried that when they finally shut down the exchange server, all of my contacts will disappear off of my phone. My idea was to sync the phone through Windows Mobile Device Center/ActiveSync, but I can't get that to work. Does anyone know how to make that work? I'm guessing if I can get that to work, I can get my contacts off of the phone.

My other idea is to pull out my old Mogul and send all my contacts via bluetooth to it and then send them again, but have them stored in the phone and NOT on Exchange. All comments/ideas welcome!! I need to get this done soon, as they are beginning the switch tomorrow!
  2.    #2  
    Ok, so after trying for a while to get my Pre to see my Mogul, I have come to the conclusion that its not possible. When the Pre searches for bluetooth devices, it will only search for Audio devices. So I'm back to the initial problem... is there any way to get the Pre to sync with outlook on your pc so that you can pull contacts off it?
    first thing, the Pre wont sync with WMDC, in fact, the Pre isnt designed to "sync" directly with a computer.

Secondly, if i understand you right, you want to keep the global address list from your exchange school account on your Pre when you guys switch to Live, and that wont work either. Even on a Windows Mobile device, once you delete the server source, it deletes the relationship plus all synchronized data.

Your Pre doesnt store the global address list, because for instance, I work at Sprint, and our global list consists of thousands of phone numbers and email addresses. So when you call upon your global address list, the Pre connects and pulls what your looking for.

Lastly, Palm disabled all other BT profiles except for Handsfree, DUN, and the use of stereo headsets for music, at least for now, so it wont let you transfer contacts with BT.

I dont know of a simple way to accomplish what you want to do, you can try this website though.

www.palm.com/migrate-pre
  4.    #4  
    I figured it wouldn't sync with WMDC, that was just a far off hope. Same with ActiveSync. I was really hoping the bluetooth on my netbook would recognize it as a PIM, but alas, no luck.

Yes, I need to keep the global address list (assuming that is all of the phone and email contacts that I have added). I have been trying a few things, but I can't get Outlook to set up Exchange so I can't use PocketMirror, and I tried the bluetooth thing and obviously failed. My only other idea is to take the Pre and my old Mogul in to a Sprint store, have them transfer contacts, and then transfer them back but have them transfer on to the Palm profile rather than the Exchange profile. UGH what a pain in the ***!

Thanks for your help... I'm gonna go to the Palm page after and maybe update later.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmerman272 View Post
    I figured it wouldn't sync with WMDC, that was just a far off hope. Same with ActiveSync. I was really hoping the bluetooth on my netbook would recognize it as a PIM, but alas, no luck.

Yes, I need to keep the global address list (assuming that is all of the phone and email contacts that I have added). I have been trying a few things, but I can't get Outlook to set up Exchange so I can't use PocketMirror, and I tried the bluetooth thing and obviously failed. My only other idea is to take the Pre and my old Mogul in to a Sprint store, have them transfer contacts, and then transfer them back but have them transfer on to the Palm profile rather than the Exchange profile. UGH what a pain in the ***!

Thanks for your help... I'm gonna go to the Palm page after and maybe update later.

If you're going to the Sprint store, have them make Google your default profile. If you don't have a gmail accnt, create one. This will allow you to have a gmail as a back-up (calendar is included) and your contacts that they port over will synch to your Gmail and now you have a back up that you can manipulate on ur PC that will synch with your Pre. Just an idea.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    If you're going to the Sprint store, have them make Google your default profile.
    I have a google account. I didn't even think of that, that's a great idea! That's the reason I started putting all my contacts on my Exchange in the first place! Though the problem is as far as I know, the only phone(s) that will sync with and download info from google like the Pre does is/are the Pre (duh) and possibly the Android phones, which are out of reach so long as I'm on Sprint.

Either way, I will try to have them put the contacts on Google.