Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    This has probably been answered, but I can't seem to find it so please bear with me.

How do I delete the Palm Profile contacts? When I transferred my 700p data, it put them into Profile. I'd rather have them in Google. It doesn't appear there is a way to move them, so I want to delete them and then reload into Google (I don't want two copies of everything).

If I turn off backup, and then do a partial erase, will that do it?

If so, what else will it erase? Will I have to set up my EAS and Google accounts again and reload all my apps?

Is there an easier way?

Thanks for the help.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    FWIW, I turned off backup using backup and erase, then did a partial erase. It erased my contacts, and also my tasks, calendars, and accounts (google, EAS, etc.), but not my files. I never figured out a way to delete only my contacts. I really don't understand Palm Profile, but that's apparently a common sentiment.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Can you not just delete the contacts one at a time like normal?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I've been using the Data Transfer Assistant to update contacts on my Pre from the MacOS calendar. I had assumed that I was overwriting the Palmn profile each time, but recently discovered that the entries were being duplicated. I've done this about 3 times now and have more than 1400 contacts.

I've an old time Palm OS user and do the majority of my work related updates on the Mac desktop since I can download vCards from a web based people finder. For the last few years I have been using the Missing Sync, but apparently the current version for the Pre does not support the contact photos. Anyway, that is why I've been doing the one way sync. It just seems really odd to me that Palm does not provide a way to sync with the MacOS Address Book. The Data Transfer Assistant for MacoS did a great job of doing the initial contact sync. I've been playing with Google Contacts based on feedback in another thread, but not sure that is going to work either.

What is the easist way to delete the Palm Profile -- individually deleted 1400 entries is not an option -- especially if I want to use the Data Transfer Assistant to update again the in the future? Regardless of how I decide to sync contacts in the future I need to do some clean-up.
    Last edited by miata; 09/26/2009 at 11:19 PM. Reason: typos