1.    #1  
    This may not be the right place to ask this, but is anyone else having trouble getting birthdays to show up in the calendar? Birthdays that I have manually entered for contacts in my phone, as well as birthdays imported from facebook, show up in the contact view, but not on the calendar. I have checked in month, week, and day view, but nothing is there. Anyone else have this problem?
    I don't think it adds an event to the calendar. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Especially$ $not$ $when$ $they$ $come$ $from$ $facebook$. $I$'$ve$ $noticed$ $this$ $since$ $launch$. $I$ $sure$ $wish$ $it$ $did$ $it$ $though$.
    I experienced a problem when entering RECURRING birthdays on my calendar on my laptop. All the birthdays showed up on my pre one day off. but they were fine in the online version of google calendar. There was no way around it...so must be a bug. I think i posted about it somewhere here in this forum.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Still no way to get facebook contact birthdays into the calender?
    There was a post on the front page back in November 2009 about how to add either Google or Facebook birthdays to your calendar. You can read it here:

http://www.precentral.net/quick-tip-...hdays-calendar

I created a Birthdays and Anniversaries calendar for my Google contacts. It automatically added itself to my Pre calendar and works just fine. I do wish I could set reminders for birthdays though!
    Last edited by kallan42; 05/06/2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: edited for clarity
    Somewhat related:

Here's something that nobody does but my Timex watch. And it's so obvious, I can't believe that nobody does it.

For calendar entries for a person's birthday, it should calculate their age and add that information to the entry. All the info is there. Why doesn't anybody do this (besides my timex usb datalink)??
    : (){:|:&};:
    I'm working on a patch for the contact app.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Hello, So I have added all my birthday in a calender from Google, Well I have the patch show all day events in monthly view and with 500+ contacts I now have every single day almost pure gray, this is very annoying. I would much rather have birthdays just all start at say 7am for 30 minutes. Am i going to just have to go through all of them and change them maybe?
    Use my UberCalendar patch then you have just the bg color gray, but the single events still draw bars.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I experienced a problem when entering RECURRING birthdays on my calendar on my laptop. All the birthdays showed up on my pre one day off. but they were fine in the online version of google calendar. There was no way around it...so must be a bug. I think i posted about it somewhere here in this forum.
    I am seeing something very similar on my Google "Contact's birthdays and events" calendar on my Pre. Not all birthday's are off but several of them are though.

For example I have two friends with a birthday on the 14th of July. Both display properly on the website, however on the Pre of them shows their birthday on the 13th.

Anyone else seeing this?
    There are a tonne of problems with the Pre/Google Calendar.
    - Events on wrong days,
    - time shift problems,
    - incomplete matching to google events,
    - re-occurring event problems (wrong days, don't show, don't delete properly, etc)
    - poor color/display problems
    - UI stupidity (for a system that uses swiping why do you need a pop up interface to switch between day/wk/mnth),
    - inability to add multiple calendars started on the Pre to your default Google Calendar for syncing purposes. (if it can be done, feel free to supply the info, 'cause its sure as heck not an intuitive UI thing)

And you can drop the blame for all the above on Palm. This is stuff that should have been fixed in version 1.1 or 1.2...not sitting a year later and still not corrected. Best course of action is to use a 'patch' created by a User to help circumvent a few of the worst UI issues.

Sad.