1.    #1  
    Searched the forum but could not find the answer I was looking for.

I am in the process of deciding on either the Pre or an Android device. Will be using it for 95% business. Since my new employer only issues a POP3 email account, I am safe with either platform. However, for me, the deal breaker is contact field syncing.

I spent an hour with the new MyTouch this afternoon and was very disappointed in the contacts app. The number of fields seem to be limited; which in turn means any sync with Google contacts will be a let down as well.

The Google sync for Blackberry is also very limiting....

Can someone please tell me if the Pre will sync with all Google Contact fields including birthday and anniversary (2-way sync)?

Thanks.

Pete
    The Edit Contact screen has a field for birthday, but not anniversary. You can, however, enter the anniversary into the Notes field.

Both should sync up. Im going to test that now.

EDIT: The note synced up, but the birthday didnt.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    The Edit Contact screen has a field for birthday, but not anniversary. You can, however, enter the anniversary into the Notes field.

Both should sync up. Im going to test that now.

EDIT: The note synced up, but the birthday didnt.
    Bummer. Thanks for checking. Did it work the other way..pre to Google or Google to Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by doublestack View Post
    Bummer. Thanks for checking. Did it work the other way..pre to Google or Google to Pre?
    curious if its possible that my google contacts from the PRE get synced to my gmail account so I can have all my phone numbers added to my contacts there