1.    #1  
    I finally got my Pre this past weekend and am enjoying getting to know it. I've got it setup on my company's EAS and for the most part, it's working OK. We have the same security policies in place that most people have, a PIN and screenlock, among other things. The PIN works (albeit the Pre only asks for 4 digits when the policy calls for 6) but the screenlock is perplexing. The policy calls for the screen to lock after 30 minutes of inactivity. On the iPhones that we have going through the EAS they can actually extend it to an hour if they know how to do it. On my Pre though, whenever the screen turns off the phone locks. Even if all I do is set the phone down with the screen on and wait for it to turn off. When I press the power button to turn the phone on again it's locked even if it's only been 4 minutes since the last screen activity.

Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks.
    It's not so much an issue as it's a stylistic choice.

The Pre automatically locks when the screen goes off primarily for those who keep their phone in the pocket, to that it doesn't trigger things while in your pants.

Granted Capacitive touch screens won't dial in your pocket but bumping the power button constantly would drain your battery, which is while in locked mode the screen will fade very shortly after.

There is, however, a "Screen and Lock" settings preference, at this time you can't adjust the backscreen duration any longer than 3 minutes nor if it locks or not. This may come at a future update though.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sCartoon View Post
    There is, however, a "Screen and Lock" settings preference, at this time you can't adjust the backscreen duration any longer than 3 minutes nor if it locks or not. This may come at a future update though.
    Thanks '80s. In an attempt to increase battery life I changed that setting to 30 seconds. I rarely ever let the phone screen turn it self off anyway but I thought, what the heck, it's worth a shot. After I set it to 30 seconds I couldn't change it to any other setting. No matter what I did it would only show 30 seconds. I reset the phone and the setting went back to 3 minutes with all the other options available. I don't think I'll be playing with that setting again for a while.
    I have the same issue (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ml#post1801125) regarding the timemout setting disappearing. I rebooted my phone but it did not come back for me. I suppose I can try again. My EAS server policy is set to 60 minutes, but 80s is right. The Pre uses it's screen backlight timeout for the pin requirement so regardless of EAS max setting, your Pre will override that time because of the backlight timer.