Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I purchased the Pre in the hopes that I could logon to my companies Exchange server...however...it looks like they are a bit cheap and won't update their CA certificate, so the Pre keeps telling me it's invalid.

My question is this...

They do support OWA and I was able to force the browser to accept the certificate in the hopes that it would solve the e-mail issue with the Pre's e-mail app, but didn't. Does anyone know if this can be forced into the e-mail app, so I don't have to use OWA access?

Thanks!
    you can import their cert using the certificate manager on the Pre and it should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    you can import their cert using the certificate manager on the Pre and it should work.
    Sounds tantalizing. I am having the same problem.

So, I can access my email by using the IMAP client, but still don't have access to my contacts or my calendar.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post

I wish that were true. The certificate is listed in the cert. manager because I used OWA access, but it won't work the way I need with the e-mail app.
    when you set up that account, what are you using as the server address. I tried doing it with our https:webmail. address, and it ended up working fine. There was another way that I was told to do it that wasn't working correctly at all. Also you want to make sure (and I'm not saying that you havent ) that your domain is properly set up. I had mine as something other than EQ (our server domain), and it wouldn't let me in. ALSO, one more thing, my EMAIL ADRESS and USERNAME were different from each other. Email was xxxxxx.x.xxxxxx@xxxxxxDOTCOM and my username was only my initals and last 4 of social. Hopefully you get it going!
    Is it only giving you a certificate error?
    logging into owa isn't the same as loading the cert. Ask your admin for a copy of the cert from the server. if they can't get it running for you, they need to be fired, it is super simple to set up. I know I've worked on all kinds of smart phones, best one to set up yet, even easier than WM.
    If you really need it to work just leave off the S in the server address field and use your exchange unsecured. This will bypass the need for a correct certificate.
    Last edited by syphex; 08/03/2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Removed the ?
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Is it only giving you a certificate error?
    I am not sure who this was meant for, but the error message says that if the date is set correctly then there is a certificate error.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoDmAnDaN View Post
    I wish that were true. The certificate is listed in the cert. manager because I used OWA access, but it won't work the way I need with the e-mail app.
    It IS true, the owa cert is not the only cert you need, you need the one above that (the root cert). Just save it on your PC and email it to yourself on the pre and click to install. If you need help PM me the URL of your owa server and i'll save the cert and send it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    If you really need it to work just leave off the S in the server address field and use your exchange unsecured? This will bypass the need for a correct certificate.
    Can't tell from your "?" at the end of the first sentence whether your know this works or are just suggesting it might. If it works that will really solve my problems, because my IT people won't respond to any requests for assistance with the issue. I am not at all confident they will provide me with the certificate I requested so that I can manually install it.
    Sorry didn't proof read my post lol.. I know it works and it was not meant to have the ? in it. Well let me add this.. as long as they don't require you to have a secure connection this will work. If it is exchange 2007 then non-ssl access is denied by default.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Exchange support on this device is pretty bad. No notes sync (Why wouldnt it sync those to Memo's??), It wont allow for the selection of folders to be seen rather I have to sift through the 100 folders I have in exchange to find the one I am looking for. Pretty disappointed overall when it comes to the setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    It wont allow for the selection of folders to be seen rather I have to sift through the 100 folders I have in exchange to find the one I am looking for. Pretty disappointed overall when it comes to the setup.
    You can add any folders you want to your Favorites by clicking on the star on the right side of the screen.
    Exchange support on this device is pretty bad. No notes sync (Why wouldnt it sync those to Memo's??), It wont allow for the selection of folders to be seen rather I have to sift through the 100 folders I have in exchange to find the one I am looking for. Pretty disappointed overall when it comes to the setup.
    ummm... really? Best I've used.

http won't always work, depending on how the server is configured.
    If you are getting a date error, then the cert is configured wrong, or expired.
    Let you boss know to fire your it guys. :P I am an admin for a large client base of companies, and we support all kinds of phones. This is a pretty simple thing get right. If you can't easily get support to run your smartphone (and your company allows it) then you should bark up the ladder to get them to fix it. A mis-configured exchagne server will do crazy things.
    Last edited by Funky Cricket; 08/03/2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: hmm.. i can be less harsh
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    You can add any folders you want to your Favorites by clicking on the star on the right side of the screen.
    This is understood, but heaven forbid I am going to need to see an embedded folder someday that isn't one of my favorites. Scrolling and then having to be on a network to sync it?? Why not just have the ability to select folders for sync/see and then also have "favorites" that sit up top?
    This is understood, but heaven forbid I am going to need to see an embedded folder someday that isn't one of my favorites. Scrolling and then having to be on a network to sync it?? Why not just have the ability to select folders for sync/see and then also have "favorites" that sit up top?
    That all went over my head. Are you talking about mail folders? And what exactly do you mean by sync/see? Are you saying you'd rather sync by connecting to a computer? Sorry if I'm just being thick.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    That all went over my head. Are you talking about mail folders? And what exactly do you mean by sync/see? Are you saying you'd rather sync by connecting to a computer? Sorry if I'm just being thick.
    No I am saying I would rather be able to choose which folders (yes mail folders) are actually being sync'd or even looked at off of my exchange server. I have over 100 folders/subfolders on my exchange servers but really only need to see/interact with about 10 of them from a mobile stance. This is easily accomplished in a WinMo/Mobile Outlook world since it allows you to pick and choose which folders get sync'd back and forth with the exchange server, but is counter intuitive when it comes to this interface.

Example: Something just came into my Inbox. It is a "personal" mail and I want to move it to the "personal" folder. I have to scroll through and find the "personal" folder among 100 other folders in order to move it. It also seems like it is trying to sync folder listing info as you scroll so it stops/starts scrolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    ummm... really? Best I've used.

http won't always work, depending on how the server is configured.
    If you are getting a date error, then the cert is configured wrong, or expired.
    Let you boss know to fire your it guys. :P I am an admin for a large client base of companies, and we support all kinds of phones. This is a pretty simple thing get right. If you can't easily get support to run your smartphone (and your company allows it) then you should bark up the ladder to get them to fix it. A mis-configured exchagne server will do crazy things.

The cert isn't necessarily wrong, it could just be the user is using a different domain than is what is on the cert. A certificate usually only has one domain that is set, but a exchange server can host multiple domain email address's. Like in my case my cert is set to display: exchange.mydomain.com
    but the email address I'm trying to sycn is: exchange.mydomain2.com. Even though my cert is current and setup right it still won't sync my 2nd domain. So I take out the S in the http and I sync with out the ssl cert. (not smart but I don't have business email going to that address anyways)
    No I am saying I would rather be able to choose which folders (yes mail folders) are actually being sync'd or even looked at off of my exchange server. I have over 100 folders/subfolders on my exchange servers but really only need to see/interact with about 10 of them from a mobile stance. This is easily accomplished in a WinMo/Mobile Outlook world since it allows you to pick and choose which folders get sync'd back and forth with the exchange server, but is counter intuitive when it comes to this interface.

Example: Something just came into my Inbox. It is a "personal" mail and I want to move it to the "personal" folder. I have to scroll through and find the "personal" folder among 100 other folders in order to move it. It also seems like it is trying to sync folder listing info as you scroll so it stops/starts scrolling.
    Oh, gotcha. I've got rules in Outlook so I never end up moving an email. The simple fix is to have Favorites in the Move box.

The flip side of that is, for example, my subfolders are projects. If I get an email for a project that isn't being "seen and synced" (and I don't have a rule), as you describe with WinMo, I wouldn't want to have to go into preferences and select a folder and wait for it to sync just so I can see it and move an email into it. And then have to hide it again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast